Old 12-05-2004, 10:11 AM
martin

Default unusual problem

On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:23:50 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

Why do the tomatoes need to stay in the growbags ??

I'd cut the bag into sections with one plant each and repot in large flowerpots.
Then you could easily support each separate plant with canes and you could wrap
each one in strong paper/plastic/cardboard for the journey.

Though I'd probably just leave them myself and buy toms this year :~)

Yuk! You have really lived in Holland too long :-)

Old 12-05-2004, 10:14 AM
JennyC

"martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:23:50 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

Why do the tomatoes need to stay in the growbags ??

I'd cut the bag into sections with one plant each and repot in large

flowerpots.
Then you could easily support each separate plant with canes and you could

wrap
each one in strong paper/plastic/cardboard for the journey.

Though I'd probably just leave them myself and buy toms this year :~)

Yuk! You have really lived in Holland too long :-)

True, but I don't like or eat tomatoes !! I only use them for cooking!
Jenny

Old 12-05-2004, 11:21 AM
martin

On Wed, 12 May 2004 10:32:16 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:23:50 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

Why do the tomatoes need to stay in the growbags ??

I'd cut the bag into sections with one plant each and repot in large

flowerpots.
Then you could easily support each separate plant with canes and you could

wrap
each one in strong paper/plastic/cardboard for the journey.

Though I'd probably just leave them myself and buy toms this year :~)

Yuk! You have really lived in Holland too long :-)

True, but I don't like or eat tomatoes !! I only use them for cooking!

You don't put sugar on them and eat them as a strawberry substitute
like a Dutch colleague at work does? I've never been able to bring
myself to try it.
Eating uncooked spek is my limit and I only managed that after two
days on a boat with a defective stove and nothing else to eat.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:09 PM
JennyC

"martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 May 2004 10:32:16 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

True, but I don't like or eat tomatoes !! I only use them for cooking!

You don't put sugar on them and eat them as a strawberry substitute
like a Dutch colleague at work does? I've never been able to bring
myself to try it.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

Jenny :~)

Old 12-05-2004, 04:10 PM
martin

On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:54:48 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 12 May 2004 10:32:16 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

True, but I don't like or eat tomatoes !! I only use them for cooking!

You don't put sugar on them and eat them as a strawberry substitute
like a Dutch colleague at work does? I've never been able to bring
myself to try it.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

I read that before somewhere :-)

Have you tried them with sugar and is that why you don't like them?
Tomatoes and cream, could catch on at Wimbledon, pigs could fly and
Tim Henman could be Wimbledon Champion/Champignon 2004