Old 14-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Pieris cuttings

Has anyone succeeded with these? Do they require a mister or bottom heat?

Janet
Old 14-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message

Has anyone succeeded with these? Do they require a mister or bottom heat?

Janet

Try Basal cuttings of current years growth taken in July when new growth has
ended, can be placed under mist but my book also says a warm bench and
plastic will give 100% rooting in 10 weeks. also a possibility is a sealed
low white polythene tunnel with cuttings taken in September October inserted
direct into the ground.
HTH
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 14-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Howard Neil

Janet Baraclough.. wrote:
Has anyone succeeded with these? Do they require a mister or bottom heat?

I understand that the Daily Mirror has made a cutting with the Morgan
variety of Pieris. Apparently bottom heat was used. :-))

--
Howard Neil
Old 15-05-2004, 11:04 AM
martin

On Fri, 14 May 2004 23:03:44 +0100, Howard Neil
wrote:

Janet Baraclough.. wrote:
Has anyone succeeded with these? Do they require a mister or bottom heat?

I understand that the Daily Mirror has made a cutting with the Morgan
variety of Pieris. Apparently bottom heat was used. :-))

that's you in her ever growing kill file :-)

What's a mister in this context? :-|
Old 16-05-2004, 12:12 AM
Howard Neil

wrote:

Janet Baraclough.. wrote:

Has anyone succeeded with these? Do they require a mister or bottom heat?

I understand that the Daily Mirror has made a cutting with the Morgan
variety of Pieris. Apparently bottom heat was used. :-))

that's you in her ever growing kill file :-)

What's a mister in this context? :-|

The opposite to a Mrs. A mister was not needed as I understand that the
chairperson of the company that owns the Mirror is a lady.

--
Howard Neil

[IBC] Pieris japonica pygmacea Jim Lewis Bonsai 4 09-03-2004 02:41 AM
[IBC] Pieris japonica Jim Lewis Bonsai 6 16-01-2004 11:12 PM
Pieris Janice United Kingdom 10 24-10-2003 06:13 PM
Pieris japonica leaves going yellow - problem? TobyB United Kingdom 1 02-05-2003 08:33 PM
Pieris Forest Flame looking sad Mon United Kingdom 2 20-02-2003 07:16 PM