Old 15-05-2004, 08:10 PM
Jim White

Default Stone Flags

Hi all.
I'm looking for a goodly supply of stone flags (the ones that go on the
ground, not the ones up the pole).
We need about 210 Sq. M. of them.
Would appreciate any info at all.
TIA
Jim

Old 15-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Kate Morgan

Hi all.
I'm looking for a goodly supply of stone flags (the ones that go on the
ground, not the ones up the pole).
We need about 210 Sq. M. of them.
Would appreciate any info at all.
TIA
Jim

We got a load from a reclamation yard in Gloucestershire, probably no
use to you but if you have one near you they are the best bet.
kate
Old 15-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Adrian_S

Jim White wrote:
Hi all.
I'm looking for a goodly supply of stone flags (the ones that go on the
ground, not the ones up the pole).
We need about 210 Sq. M. of them.
Would appreciate any info at all.
TIA
Jim

Try British Rail - or preserved railway lines. They often ripped up the
platforms of closed stations and stacked them up in the yards.

Or Google for reclamation yards, but the area you're after is a bit
large for that sort of place.

Adrian_S
Old 20-05-2004, 04:17 PM
John

On Sat, 15 May 2004 19:57:48 +0100, "Jim White"
wrote:

Hi all.
I'm looking for a goodly supply of stone flags (the ones that go on the
ground, not the ones up the pole).
We need about 210 Sq. M. of them.
Would appreciate any info at all.
TIA

If you are looking for real stone instead of reconstituted the best
value for money is probably the imported Indian stone. It's quarried
in Kota in Rajasthan (I know cause I was thinking of importing it and
went out there!)

Lots of places sell it now and the price has fallen. I'm sure for that
quantity you can get it delivered from anywhere in the UK.

a google for

indian stone paving

should bring you lots of suppliers such as

http://www.rock-unique.co.uk/kotah_limestone_paving.htm

lots of reclamation yards now stock it (although not necessarily the
cheapest place to buy) as cheaper alternative to english stone.
Old 20-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Denis F

On Sat, 15 May 2004 19:57:48 +0100, in ,
"Jim White" wrote:

Would appreciate any info at all.

there's a sign saying "stone flags for sale" next to the Willow centre
on the A361 Burrowbridge to Taunton road ( very close to burrowbridge)
--
denis

"I teleported home one night, With Ron and Sid and Meg,
Ron stole Meggie's heart away, And I got Sidney's leg. "

Old 28-05-2004, 01:09 PM
Jim White

"Jim White" wrote:

Would appreciate any info at all.

there's a sign saying "stone flags for sale" next to the Willow centre
on the A361 Burrowbridge to Taunton road ( very close to burrowbridge)
--
denis

"I teleported home one night, With Ron and Sid and Meg,
Ron stole Meggie's heart away, And I got Sidney's leg. "

Many thanks, Denis, this looks like the right one!

We're going over there next week to have a look.

Thanks again

Jim