Old 22-05-2004, 02:05 PM
MK

Default Spindley Cherry Tomatoes

Hi

I am relatively new to this group and have been reading some of the messages
over the last week and wondered if someone could give me some advice....

I am a keen gardener and have managed to grow everything from seed this year
to go in our garden.

I had some cherry tomatoes plants left over and was going to give them
away/sell some, but having left them in the tray, some have gone very tall
and spindly - will this effect their future growth and fruit if I leave them
a bit longer or re-pot them? I don't want to give away/sell dud plants.

Many thanks

MK

Old 22-05-2004, 05:12 PM

In my experience we expect so much of tomatoes that they need to get off to
a flying start and keep going. In the past I've found that leggy plants will
never live up to expectations. You won't make any friends by giving them
away. Best to consign them to the compost bin and devote all your attention
to the stocky ones.

Steve
Old 22-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Tim

On Sat, 22 May 2004 13:44:56 +0100, "MK"
wrote:

Hi

I am relatively new to this group and have been reading some of the messages
over the last week and wondered if someone could give me some advice....

I am a keen gardener and have managed to grow everything from seed this year
to go in our garden.

I had some cherry tomatoes plants left over and was going to give them
away/sell some, but having left them in the tray, some have gone very tall
and spindly - will this effect their future growth and fruit if I leave them
a bit longer or re-pot them? I don't want to give away/sell dud plants.

If you re-pot them, pot them very deep, they should send out new roots
and thicken up .

Many thanks

MK

regards