Old 27-05-2004, 04:59 PM
Broadback

Default OT urg visitor?

Robert wrote:

Small world, I was visiting a farm near Black Dog today, nice part of
Devon.

I think it is more a large newsgroup, at any given time there is someone
that contributes everywhere, if we all wore a large badge we'd be
falling over each other. :-)

--
Please only reply to Newsgroup as emails
to this address are deleted on arrival.

Old 28-05-2004, 11:07 PM
cross

It is indeed - while Marina from Sussex was visiting Devon, we from Devon
were visiting Sussex! I don't know Black Dog at all so will now have to
look for it.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

About 10 miles west of Tiverton, turning off at Thelbridge Cross. It is not
too dificult to find and the roads are mostly wide enough for two cars to
pass comfortably ;-)

There is a nursery at Withleigh, which is close to Tiverton, that is well
worth visiting. You may already know it, but the owner has been building it
up over the last few years and now has an impressive range of plants.

While you were in Sussex, did you visit Leonardslea Garden? We went
yesterday on our annual trip, it is stunning.

It must be the best garden in the UK for rhododendrons and azaleas......
lots of other interesting things too.

Marina
E. Sx

Old 29-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Sacha

On 28/5/04 10:56 pm, in article , "cross"
wrote:

It is indeed - while Marina from Sussex was visiting Devon, we from Devon
were visiting Sussex! I don't know Black Dog at all so will now have to
look for it.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

About 10 miles west of Tiverton, turning off at Thelbridge Cross. It is not
too dificult to find and the roads are mostly wide enough for two cars to
pass comfortably ;-)

That will make a pleasant change. ;-)

There is a nursery at Withleigh, which is close to Tiverton, that is well
worth visiting. You may already know it, but the owner has been building it
up over the last few years and now has an impressive range of plants.

No, we don't know it so that will be an interesting expedition. We enjoy
our busman's holidays!

While you were in Sussex, did you visit Leonardslea Garden? We went
yesterday on our annual trip, it is stunning.

No, the only gardens we visited were Exbury and Beaulieu and then we went on
to Brighton to see the Pavilion, mooch in The Lanes and then home again.

It must be the best garden in the UK for rhododendrons and azaleas......
lots of other interesting things too.

I was certain I'd find R. 'Lady Alice Fitzwilliam' at Exbury but no such
luck. I think I've tracked it down elsewhere, though.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 30-05-2004, 08:10 PM
cross

I was certain I'd find R. 'Lady Alice Fitzwilliam' at Exbury but no such

luck. I think I've tracked it down elsewhere, though.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds after garden to email me)

-----------
Burncoose Nursery have 'Lady Alice' on their list.

I think they are quite close to you too. ;-) I am trying to find
Rhododendron 'Angelo', waiting for a reply from a nursery who list it, but
being a bank holiday weekend, don't expect a reply for a while.

Marina
E. Sx

Old 30-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Sacha

On 30/5/04 7:40 pm, in article , "cross"
wrote:

I was certain I'd find R. 'Lady Alice Fitzwilliam' at Exbury but no such

luck. I think I've tracked it down elsewhere, though.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds after garden to email me)

Burncoose Nursery have 'Lady Alice' on their list.

They do and so do a few others like the Duchy nursery. I'm on the trail.
;-)

snip

identify this midnight visitor? [email protected] Ponds 20 24-09-2004 10:40 PM
1st time visitor would love a list of some specialty rose shops and poss info more Gail Futoran Roses 3 22-07-2004 07:07 PM
1st time visitor would love a list of some specialty rose shops and lookin4you2xist Roses 0 16-07-2004 05:02 AM
visitor to pond David H Ponds 2 11-06-2004 06:04 PM
Pond visitor :-) Bonnie Espenshade Ponds 3 16-06-2003 08:00 PM