Old 25-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Sacha

Default OT urg visitor?

Apparently someone from the group came into the Nursery when we were away
last week. Unfortunately, the person that took your name has now forgotten
it, so apologies to whoever we missed, sorry to miss you and hope we get
another opportunity!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 25-05-2004, 08:06 PM
martin

On Tue, 25 May 2004 17:28:02 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Apparently someone from the group came into the Nursery when we were away
last week. Unfortunately, the person that took your name has now forgotten
it, so apologies to whoever we missed, sorry to miss you and hope we get
another opportunity!

so long as it wasn't the yob with the dog :-)
Old 26-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Sacha

On 25/5/04 22:28, in article ,
"martin" wrote:

snip

It wasn't us, although one day I hope it will be.

A woman called 'Martin', hmmm........ ;-)

Old 26-05-2004, 01:08 PM
cross

Sacha wrote in message
Apparently someone from the group came into the Nursery when we were away
last week. Unfortunately, the person that took your name has now

forgotten
it, so apologies to whoever we missed, sorry to miss you and hope we get
another opportunity!
--

Hi Sacha,

It was me. With the help of a GPS and laptop computer, we found Carol
Klein's, Glebe Cottage fairly easily, only had to ask directions once ;-)

Then we went to Hill House, had a really good lunch, and as I spent a happy
hour or so wandering round your nursery, my husband slept on a bench in the
sun. We both enjoyed the day.

Sorry to have missed you though. I think we will have another trip to Devon
either in the autumn or next spring. We stayed B & B in a thatched
farmhouse in a place called Black Dog, and thoroughly recommend it.

Bought some lovely plants too. ;-)) so will certainly come back for more.

Best wishes,
Marina
E. Sx

Old 26-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Sacha

On 26/5/04 12:57 pm, in article , "cross"
wrote:

Sacha wrote in message
Apparently someone from the group came into the Nursery when we were away
last week. Unfortunately, the person that took your name has now

forgotten
it, so apologies to whoever we missed, sorry to miss you and hope we get
another opportunity!
--

Hi Sacha,

It was me. With the help of a GPS and laptop computer, we found Carol
Klein's, Glebe Cottage fairly easily, only had to ask directions once ;-)

You should get a medal - it's really hard to find! I think we'll invest in
a GPS if we do our possible garden trip.

Then we went to Hill House, had a really good lunch, and as I spent a happy
hour or so wandering round your nursery, my husband slept on a bench in the
sun. We both enjoyed the day.

I'm so glad but really sorry we missed you. We often find abandoned husbands
snoozing in the garden - it's really quite funny. One had to be woken up
at gone 6pm (we close at 5) and he had no idea where his wife had got to.
She was still mooching around quite happily, totally oblivious to 'closing
time'. ;-)

Sorry to have missed you though. I think we will have another trip to Devon
either in the autumn or next spring. We stayed B & B in a thatched
farmhouse in a place called Black Dog, and thoroughly recommend it.

Bought some lovely plants too. ;-)) so will certainly come back for more.

I'll look forward to meeting up with you then. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 26-05-2004, 03:09 PM
martin

On Wed, 26 May 2004 08:44:04 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 25/5/04 22:28, in article ,
"martin" wrote:

snip

It wasn't us, although one day I hope it will be.

A woman called 'Martin', hmmm........ ;-)

["us"] A woman called Martin's wife - the real gardener ;-)
Old 26-05-2004, 07:06 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Sacha
writes
["us"] A woman called Martin's wife - the real gardener ;-)

"A WOMAN CALLED MARTIN'S WIFE"!!! I hope she handbags you! ;-) That's
like people who say "this is my mother/father/son/daughter/friend" but
give no name for this person you're meeting. "Hallo Sacha's mother"
wouldn't sit too well with my ma!

One of my son's friends insisted on calling me Jonsdad so I simply call
him Nedsson.

(He's the one who decided to take a 3am drunken dip in our pond.

--
dave @ stejonda

Old 27-05-2004, 12:21 AM
Robert

In message , cross
writes
Hi Sacha,

It was me. With the help of a GPS and laptop computer, we found Carol
Klein's, Glebe Cottage fairly easily, only had to ask directions once ;-)

Then we went to Hill House, had a really good lunch, and as I spent a happy
hour or so wandering round your nursery, my husband slept on a bench in the
sun. We both enjoyed the day.

Sorry to have missed you though. I think we will have another trip to Devon
either in the autumn or next spring. We stayed B & B in a thatched
farmhouse in a place called Black Dog, and thoroughly recommend it.

Bought some lovely plants too. ;-)) so will certainly come back for more.

Best wishes,
Marina
E. Sx

Small world, I was visiting a farm near Black Dog today, nice part of
Devon.
--
Robert
Old 27-05-2004, 03:12 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Robert contains these words:

Sorry to have missed you though. I think we will have another trip to Devon
either in the autumn or next spring. We stayed B & B in a thatched
farmhouse in a place called Black Dog, and thoroughly recommend it.

Bought some lovely plants too. ;-)) so will certainly come back for more.

Best wishes,
Marina
E. Sx

Small world, I was visiting a farm near Black Dog today, nice part of
Devon.

I was drinking a pint of Black Dog the other day. Nice mild.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 27-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Sacha

On 26/5/04 23:48, in article , "Robert"
wrote:

snip
Small world, I was visiting a farm near Black Dog today, nice part of
Devon.

It is indeed - while Marina from Sussex was visiting Devon, we from Devon
were visiting Sussex! I don't know Black Dog at all so will now have to
look for it.

Old 27-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

It is indeed - while Marina from Sussex was visiting Devon, we from Devon
were visiting Sussex! I don't know Black Dog at all so will now have to
look for it.

Ellgood's brewery, in (IIRC) Wisbech. Top mild.

Oh, as you were. You mean the place......

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

identify this midnight visitor? [email protected] Ponds 20 24-09-2004 10:40 PM
1st time visitor would love a list of some specialty rose shops and poss info more Gail Futoran Roses 3 22-07-2004 07:07 PM
1st time visitor would love a list of some specialty rose shops and lookin4you2xist Roses 0 16-07-2004 05:02 AM
visitor to pond David H Ponds 2 11-06-2004 06:04 PM
Pond visitor :-) Bonnie Espenshade Ponds 3 16-06-2003 08:00 PM