Old 29-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Registered User

Location: Brighton
Unhappy damsel in distress!

Hello!

My name is Angela and I'm a newbie to this forum & a newbie to gardening. I live in a flat in Brighton, Sussex and would like to start some planter boxes. There is a small outjut that receives a lot of afternoon and evening sun as it has a westerly aspect. I would really like to put some purple flowering plants here. They would have to be quite hardy as the outjut is unprotected and very exposed. They would have to withstand the high winds on the coast, the pollution from the busy main road which is less than 50m away, and the salty air from the sea which is about 100m away. Hmmm...maybe this isn't possible?! Does anyone know of any such amazing purple flowering plants that could withstand these conditions?!

Thanks,

Angela.
Old 29-05-2004, 02:06 PM
martin

Default damsel in distress!

On Sat, 29 May 2004 12:04:37 GMT, Angela
wrote:

Hello!

My name is Angela and I'm a newbie to this forum

This isn't a forum, it is a UK newsgroup uk.rec.gardens .
Old 30-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message m
from Angela contains these words:

Does
anyone know of any such amazing purple flowering plants that could
withstand these conditions?!

Try hebe? And pansies, violas, etc.

--
Rusty