Old 09-06-2004, 09:28 PM
Bella

Default Rosa rugosa

"Franz Heymann" replied:

R. rugosa hybrids are truly beautiful roses. I think your friend
should erect a hedge of them, putting them about a foot from the
border on his/her side, and then just sit down to await developments.
Don't bother about a complementary plant. There won't be room for it.
Hint: My rugosa hybrids are real beauties, but at four years of age,
they have diameters of about 8 ft and heights of about 5 ft.
---

Thank you to everyone, especially Franz, for your suggestions and advice.
I still like the thoughts of R.rugosa hybrids, as does my friend.
They would certainly stop the newspaper boy dead in his tracks when
attempting to cross the lawn. My ex boss used 'Masquerade' roses to edge
his very extensive and immaculate front lawn and they looked wonderful when
they were all in full flower.

Bella

Old 09-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message OWJwc.1376$RP3.312@newsfe1-win
from "Bella" contains these words:

Thank you to everyone, especially Franz, for your suggestions and advice.
I still like the thoughts of R.rugosa hybrids, as does my friend.
They would certainly stop the newspaper boy dead in his tracks when
attempting to cross the lawn.

There are easier ways. The first is to speak to the delivery boy and
explain politely why you don't want him to take that route. If you are
in the habit of tipping him at Christmas, you can point out the link
between his tip, and pleasing a customer. If he persists, speak to his
employer, pointing out the link between pleasing customers and retaining
their business.

Janet.

Old 10-06-2004, 06:22 AM
Bella

[...]

Spacing for Rosa rugosa hedge? George V. Roberts Jr. Roses 5 26-10-2004 12:24 PM
Spacing for Rosa rugosa hedge? George V. Roberts Jr. Roses 0 22-10-2004 05:50 PM
Rosa Rugosa Fall Planting Massachusetts? George V. Roberts Jr. Roses 2 17-09-2004 07:48 PM
rosa rugosa Nelson Kirsch Gardening 4 25-06-2003 09:32 AM
Rosa Rugosa Ophelia United Kingdom 4 29-04-2003 12:32 PM