Old 09-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Alan

Default Ooops

I have a grassy bank that I wanted to plant bushes on, so I planned to
kill the grass there with glyphosphate, and after it died planted the
bushes.

I have now realised that I did not use glyphosphate but "Pathclear".

I planted the bushes in large holes with lots of compost and watered
them well and they seem OK at the mo. Will I get away with it or are
they doomed?
Old 09-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Harry12

"Alan" . wrote in message
I have a grassy bank that I wanted to plant bushes on, so I planned to
kill the grass there with glyphosphate, and after it died planted the
bushes.

I have now realised that I did not use glyphosphate but "Pathclear".

I planted the bushes in large holes with lots of compost and watered
them well and they seem OK at the mo. Will I get away with it or are
they doomed?

Alan,
How long after the treatment did you plant the bushes, and how long have
they now been in? What sort of bushes were they?

Harry

Old 09-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Alan

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 13:20:02 +0100, "Harry12"
wrote:

"Alan" . wrote in message
.. .
I have a grassy bank that I wanted to plant bushes on, so I planned to
kill the grass there with glyphosphate, and after it died planted the
bushes.

I have now realised that I did not use glyphosphate but "Pathclear".

I planted the bushes in large holes with lots of compost and watered
them well and they seem OK at the mo. Will I get away with it or are
they doomed?

Alan,
How long after the treatment did you plant the bushes, and how long have
they now been in? What sort of bushes were they?

Harry

About 7-10 days after spraying. They were Ceanothus and cotoneasters.
They have been in now about 10 days
Old 09-06-2004, 06:31 PM
Harry12

"Alan" . wrote in message Alan,
How long after the treatment did you plant the bushes, and how long have
they now been in? What sort of bushes were they?

Harry

About 7-10 days after spraying. They were Ceanothus and cotoneasters.
They have been in now about 10 days

You may be lucky, they are both fairly hardy. It will probably do them more
harm than good to move them again. I would keep them very well watered - a
good soaking every day to wash any remaining weedkiller through.

Harry

Old 09-06-2004, 06:36 PM
David Hill

".............I planted the bushes in large holes with lots of compost and
watered them well and they seem OK at the mo. Will I get away with it or are
they doomed? ............"

Really there are to many variables to give a definitive answer.
Depends on the nature of your soil.
The dose rate you applied.
The amount of rain/watering after spraying.
Depends if any of the treated soil went into the hole around the roots.

I would be inclined to sink a pipe down to the roots of the plants, use a
trowel and dig a small hole, put in a 3 or 4 inch pipe so that you can water
directly to the roots, that way there is no chance of washing and chemical
that may still be active down to the roots. With luck
Also depends just what product you used, was it Scotts Pathclear gun, or was
it Scotts Pathclear Weedkiller.
They have quite different active ingredients.
I would be inclined to phone Scotts technical dept. tomorrow (Monday) and
get their advice, They are on 01483 410210

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Ooops Alan United Kingdom 1 09-06-2004 04:52 PM
Veggie Filters vs UV Filters ?? Thanks-- Ooops ! More. Bette E Ponds 0 29-04-2004 10:10 PM
Chopsticks in the soil - OOOPS! Pat Patterson Bonsai 0 20-05-2003 07:44 AM
ooops... forgot to ask... 350X_Rider Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:23 AM
ooops... forgot to ask... 350X_Rider Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 21-02-2003 10:29 PM