Old 10-06-2004, 10:13 PM
Jack In The Thundersley

Default Lupins

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message

There's a railway somewhere between Leicester and Birmingham where the
banks used to be covered in them too (purple ones). Fantastic sight.

does anyone remember the days when country railway staions used to be
planted up with brilliant displays and the railway banks where used to
grow veg etc.

kate

My Lupins were hit by whitefly, I was told to wait, the ladybirds will
come...honest they will... They didn't and the Lupins dried and wilted. I
never knew the simple, blast them off with water trick. simple and always
works for me now, unless i see an army of ladybirds approaching

Old 10-06-2004, 11:30 PM
shazzbat

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message

There's a railway somewhere between Leicester and Birmingham where the
banks used to be covered in them too (purple ones). Fantastic sight.

does anyone remember the days when country railway staions used to be
planted up with brilliant displays and the railway banks where used to
grow veg etc.

It still happens. A few years ago my sister was station manager at Disley,
and she planted up various parts of the station and got a lot of positive
press for it.

Steve

Mildew on Lupins Janice United Kingdom 0 11-07-2003 03:44 PM
Deadhead lupins? Tumbleweed United Kingdom 2 08-07-2003 12:43 AM
Lupins keeling over! Pickle United Kingdom 3 12-05-2003 02:22 PM
Lupins keeling over! Pickle United Kingdom 3 12-05-2003 12:20 PM
tree lupins and slugs Victoria Clare United Kingdom 0 24-03-2003 10:44 AM