Old 14-06-2004, 03:15 PM
margthompson

Default .......SNAILS......!!!

Just recently had a good Snail-hunt. Garden was host to many families of
them. Took the trouble to pick them all off, took them all (about 35 of
them - Mums and Dads-Kids, Aunties, Uncles, Cousins and Friends) out to the
back lane and suggested to them they might like to set up their community
out there. Lo and behold there are lots more to evict. Or have snails got
a "homing instinct" ???? MT

Old 14-06-2004, 05:08 PM
Stephen Howard

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:02:44 +0000 (UTC), "margthompson"
wrote:

Just recently had a good Snail-hunt. Garden was host to many families of
them. Took the trouble to pick them all off, took them all (about 35 of
them - Mums and Dads-Kids, Aunties, Uncles, Cousins and Friends) out to the
back lane and suggested to them they might like to set up their community
out there. Lo and behold there are lots more to evict. Or have snails got
a "homing instinct" ???? MT

It's unlikely the same snails have found their way back - unless your
garden's the only food source within reach - more likely is that you
missed them first time round.
Just keep at it - I usually find three or four sessions is enough to
decimate the population, and thereafter it only needs doing
occasionally to maintain the balance.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk

Old 14-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Pam Moore

wrote:

Lo and behold there are lots more to evict. Or have snails got
a "homing instinct" ???? MT

Why not try marking the shells of the next lot with Tipex or nail
varnish and then you will see if they do come back.
I'm afraid I send mine out into the road to wait for the bus!!

Pam in Bristol
Old 14-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Kay Easton

wrote:

Lo and behold there are lots more to evict. Or have snails got
a "homing instinct" ???? MT

Why not try marking the shells of the next lot with Tipex or nail
varnish and then you will see if they do come back.
I'm afraid I send mine out into the road to wait for the bus!!

Pam in Bristol

Then you are a dozy ****.

************************************************** ***********************************
Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
- Sir Winston Churchill

The Eagle Has Landed.

/T /I
/ |/ | .-~/
T\ Y I |/ / _
/T | \I | I Y.-~/
I l /I T\ | | l | T /
T\ | \ Y l /T | \I l \ ` l Y
__ | \l \l \I l __l l \ ` _. |
\ ~-l `\ `\ \ \\ ~\ \ `. .-~ |
\ ~-. "-. ` \ ^._ ^. "-. / \ |
.--~-._ ~- ` _ ~-_.-"-." ._ /._ ." ./
--. ~-. ._ ~-" "\\ 7 7 ]

^.___~"--._ ~-{ .-~ . `\ Y . / |
__ ~"-. ~ /_/ \ \I Y : |
^-.__ ~(_/ \ ._: | l______
^--.,___.-~" /_/ ! `-.~"--l_ / ~"-.
(_/ . ~( /' "~"--,Y -=b-. _)
(_/ . \ : / l c"~o \
\ / `. . .^ \_.-~"~--. )
(_/ . ` / / ! )/
/ / _. '. .': / '
~(_/ . / _ ` .-_
/_/ . ' .-~" `. / \ \ ,z=.
~( / ' : | K "-.~-.______//
"-,. l I/ \_ __{---._(==.
//( \ ~"~" //
/' /\ \ \ ,v=. ((
.^. / /\ " }__ //===- ` Roy!/ASC
/ / ' ' "-.,__ {---(==-
.^ ' : T ~" ll
/ . . . : | :! \\
(_/ / | | j-" ~^

So, you dont like reasoned,
well thought out, civil debate?

I understand.

/´¯/)
/¯../
/..../
/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
/'/.../..../......./¨¯\
('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
\.................'...../
''...\.......... _.·´
\..............(
\.............\..

HOW TO COMPLAIN.

I just called your boss to complain about this blatent
Xposted attempt to abuse the 'net, and to (hopefully) get you fired.

He called me a "****head" and hung up, which I thought was rather
rude. I would appreciate it if you could supply me with the contact
info on HIS boss.

Thanks In Advance.

====

GOOD SIGS wanted. APPLY WITHIN.

You've not heard of the Geneva Convention, then?

Our enemies sure haven't.

Old 14-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Tracy

wrote:

Lo and behold there are lots more to evict. Or have snails got
a "homing instinct" ???? MT

Why not try marking the shells of the next lot with Tipex or nail
varnish and then you will see if they do come back.
I'm afraid I send mine out into the road to wait for the bus!!

Pam in Bristol

Then you are a dozy c***.

The question is, did you call PM a dozy c*** because you care about snails
and disliked her for putting them on the road to be crushed by the bus or
did you call her a dozy c*** because she may be unaware they would get
crushed by the bus?
I am intrigued...

Old 14-06-2004, 08:28 PM
Kay Easton

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:51:23 +0100, "Tracy"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Lo and behold there are lots more to evict. Or have snails got
a "homing instinct" ???? MT

Why not try marking the shells of the next lot with Tipex or nail
varnish and then you will see if they do come back.
I'm afraid I send mine out into the road to wait for the bus!!

Pam in Bristol

Then you are a dozy c***.

The question is, did you call PM a dozy c*** because you care about snails
and disliked her for putting them on the road to be crushed by the bus or
did you call her a dozy c*** because she may be unaware they would get
crushed by the bus?
I am intrigued...

either/or

************************************************** ***********************************

Old 14-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Robert

: wrote:
:
: Just recently had a good Snail-hunt. Garden was host to many families of
: them. Took the trouble to pick them all off, took them all (about 35 of
: them - Mums and Dads-Kids, Aunties, Uncles, Cousins and Friends) out to
the
: back lane and suggested to them they might like to set up their community
: out there. Lo and behold there are lots more to evict. Or have snails
got
: a "homing instinct" ???? MT

I heard on GQT that when the 'parents' do not return they are not able to
secrete some sort of chemical over all the dormant youngsters in the 'nest'
and they wake up and replace them

Old 14-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Tracy" contains these words:

The question is, (snip)

Please don't re-post abuse on behalf of trolls.

Janet.
Old 14-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Jackie Whitehouse

wrote:

Lo and behold there are lots more to evict. Or have snails got
a "homing instinct" ???? MT

Why not try marking the shells of the next lot with Tipex or nail
varnish and then you will see if they do come back.
I'm afraid I send mine out into the road to wait for the bus!!

Pam in Bristol

that would be snail varnish then :-|

Old 14-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Bob Smith

wrote:

Lo and behold there are lots more to evict. Or have snails got
a "homing instinct" ???? MT

Why not try marking the shells of the next lot with Tipex or nail
varnish and then you will see if they do come back.
I'm afraid I send mine out into the road to wait for the bus!!

Pam in Bristol

As in crunch or do you supply them with bus fares?

Bob

Old 15-06-2004, 12:17 AM
Pam Moore

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:58:03 +0100, "Bob Smith" wrote:

Why not try marking the shells of the next lot with Tipex or nail
varnish and then you will see if they do come back.
I'm afraid I send mine out into the road to wait for the bus!!

Pam in Bristol

As in crunch or do you supply them with bus fares?

As in **crunch** I'm afraid. It's the snail version of playing
chicken! At least they have a chance to escape. Only 2 buses per
hour! I might consider applying for a pass for them but they don't
carry purses!
**snail varnish**; good one!

Pam in Bristol
Old 15-06-2004, 12:21 AM
Mike Lyle

wrote:

Just recently had a good Snail-hunt. Garden was host to many families of
them. Took the trouble to pick them all off, took them all (about 35 of
them - Mums and Dads-Kids, Aunties, Uncles, Cousins and Friends) out to the
back lane and suggested to them they might like to set up their community
out there. Lo and behold there are lots more to evict. Or have snails got
a "homing instinct" ???? MT

It's unlikely the same snails have found their way back - unless your
garden's the only food source within reach - more likely is that you
missed them first time round.
Just keep at it - I usually find three or four sessions is enough to
decimate the population, and thereafter it only needs doing
occasionally to maintain the balance.

I used to have a blank north-facing house wall. Where did snails think
(if "think" is the right word) they were going when I found them
fifteen feet up and still climbing? I've often wondered how such
behaviour could possibly be adaptive.

Mike.
Old 15-06-2004, 12:24 AM
Brian

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:58:03 +0100, "Bob Smith" wrote:

Why not try marking the shells of the next lot with Tipex or nail
varnish and then you will see if they do come back.
I'm afraid I send mine out into the road to wait for the bus!!

Pam in Bristol

As in crunch or do you supply them with bus fares?

As in **crunch** I'm afraid. It's the snail version of playing
chicken! At least they have a chance to escape. Only 2 buses per
hour! I might consider applying for a pass for them but they don't
carry purses!
**snail varnish**; good one!

Pam in Bristol

_________________
Several years ago some French friends visited. I mentioned our
problems with snails and they seemed surprised that we didn't eat them! [I
couldn't/wouldn't]. We went out to collect some, for them to see, and for
the two weeks they stayed with us not one snail appeared. Two days later
however~~~!! You can't beat them.
Brian

Old 15-06-2004, 09:10 AM
Tracy

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Tracy" contains these words:

The question is, (snip)

Please don't re-post abuse on behalf of trolls.

Janet.

You're absolutely right - I wont do it again