Old 15-06-2004, 12:15 AM
GR

Default Can I grow a clematis on the same wall as a Virginia creeper?

We have a south-facing garage wall that we want to cover up. We've
started growing a Virginia creeper on it, simply to get fast coverage,
but we've just discovered the winter-flowering evergreen clematis
cirrhosa "Freckles".

Is it practical for us to grow the two together on the same wall?
Old 15-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Charlie Pridham

"GR" wrote in message
We have a south-facing garage wall that we want to cover up. We've
started growing a Virginia creeper on it, simply to get fast coverage,
but we've just discovered the winter-flowering evergreen clematis
cirrhosa "Freckles".

Is it practical for us to grow the two together on the same wall?

Yes!
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 15-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article , "Charlie Pridham" writes:

| "GR" wrote in message
| We have a south-facing garage wall that we want to cover up. We've
| started growing a Virginia creeper on it, simply to get fast coverage,
| but we've just discovered the winter-flowering evergreen clematis
| cirrhosa "Freckles".
|
| Is it practical for us to grow the two together on the same wall?
|
| Yes!

Probably only under some conditions. I couldn't get C. cirrhosa to
thrive, and have seen a fair number of pretty miserable ones.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.