Old 21-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Hamish

Default Newsgroup

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:18:59 +0100, Jane Ransom wrote:

In article , dave @ stejonda NoSpamThanks
writes
So how does one do it, Dave?

I use the custom rule

/^Newsgroups:.*,/h

The result of this is that TP never even downloads the bodies of
cross-posted articles unless I request them.

However Jane, I see that you're using v4.02, whereas I'm using v6.02
which is a teeny bit different. I'm sure v4.02 had this capability (I
even think that v1.12 had it), but I'm not sure where you'd insert the
rule in v4.02.

Well, I have tried sticking the above in custom rules for this group so
we'll see what happens next time I download!!!!

This post is off topic troll shit and against the group charter.
Please **** off.

SUPPORT ISRAEL

Myths & Facts Online
A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict
By Mitchell G. Bard

http://tinyurl.com/ysepr

+------------------------+
| NO PLONKING ZONE |
+------------------------+
| | |
| | | |
..| |.. .| |..
...\| |/.... \| |/..

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.

Since I stopped donating money to CONservation hooligan charities
Like the RSPB, Woodland Trust and all the other fat cat charities
I am in the top 0.217% richest people in the world.
There are 5,986,950,449 people poorer than me

If you're really interested I am the 13,049,551
richest person in the world.

And I'm keeping the bloody lot.

So sue me.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Newsgroup ettiquette

1) Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you.
2) Say you've killfiled them, yet continue to respond.
3) Tell other people off who repsond despite doing so yourself.
4) Continually talk about Trolls while maintaining
they're having no effect.
5) Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know
how to avoid them.
6) Make lame legal threats and other barrel scraping
manoeuvres when your abuse reports are ignored.
7) Eat vast quantities of pies.
8) Forget to brush your teeth for several decades.
9) Help a demon.local poster with their email while
secretly reading it.
10) Pretend you're a hard ******* when in fact you're
as bent as a roundabout.
11) Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet
12) Die of old age
13) Keep paying Dr Chartham his fees and hope one day you
will have a penis the girls can see.

---------------------------------------

"If you would'nt talk to them in a bar, don't *uckin' vote for them"

"Australia was not *discovered* it was invaded"
The Big Yin.

Need a fake diploma for fun? contact my collegues Malcolm Ogilvie
or Michael Saunby who both bought one and got one free, only $15 each,
have as many as you like www.fakediplomas.com
Old 21-07-2004, 09:10 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Jane Ransom
writes
In article , dave @ stejonda NoSpamThanks
writes
So how does one do it, Dave?

I use the custom rule

/^Newsgroups:.*,/h

The result of this is that TP never even downloads the bodies of
cross-posted articles unless I request them.

However Jane, I see that you're using v4.02, whereas I'm using v6.02
which is a teeny bit different. I'm sure v4.02 had this capability (I
even think that v1.12 had it), but I'm not sure where you'd insert the
rule in v4.02.

Well, I have tried sticking the above in custom rules for this group so
we'll see what happens next time I download!!!!

Ahhh, Ok - I asked in dist for you - the rule is the same and you (will
have) press(ed) F9 to enter the rule apparently.

--
dave @ stejonda
Bring culture back to NTL.
Old 21-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Emrys Davies

'John',

I presume that the Administrator can see what is going on.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"John Edgar" wrote in message
Why has this newsgroup been taken over by loonies who are not
interested in gardening in the U.K.?
John
In limine sapientiae

Old 21-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Clair Voyance

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:23:09 +0100, Rod
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:59:16 +0100, "Emrys Davies"
wrote:

'John',

I presume that the Administrator can see what is going on.

Who would that be then?

Ha ha ha The botgods of course.
Old 21-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , dave @ stejonda NoSpamThanks
@stejonda.freeuk.com writes

Ahhh, Ok - I asked in dist for you - the rule is the same and you (will
have) press(ed) F9 to enter the rule apparently.

Well, no, actually!
I clicked classify/kill/custom rule.
But having done that I can see that kill has f9 next to it so I can save
myself a few keystrokes next time ))))))

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 21-07-2004, 09:42 PM
John Edgar

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:54:44 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

"John Edgar" wrote in message
.. .
Why has this newsgroup been taken over by loonies who are not
interested in gardening in the U.K.?
John

maybe 'cos they are loonies ?

Can you set your mail prog to not show threads that are cross posted ?

Jenny :~)

I use Free Agent and don't know how to do that. I'll look around a bit
though.
John
In limine sapientiae