Old 27-07-2004, 02:35 PM
troubleinstore

Default Neghbours tree

"Bill Pritchard" wrote in message
If I cut back my neighbour's overhanging tree to the fence are there any

laws
I should know about concerning the pruning and the disposal of the waste.
Bill Pritchard
Retired and Emotional

You should mention to your neighbour that you will be pruning his tree,
thereby giving him / her the opurtunity to do the job themselves, providing
you don't mind them coming onto your property. Then you should offer the
bits cut off back to them.

--
troubleinstore
http://www.tuppencechange.co.uk

---

Old 27-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Peter Crosland

If I cut back my neighbour's overhanging tree to the fence are there
any laws I should know about concerning the pruning and the disposal
of the waste.

Take a look here for details.

http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/

Always remember that it is seldom a good idea to fall out with your
neighbour.

Old 27-07-2004, 04:07 PM
newsb

In article , Bill
Pritchard writes
If I cut back my neighbour's overhanging tree to the fence are there any laws
I should know about concerning the pruning and the disposal of the waste.
Bill Pritchard
Retired and Emotional

I believe that you are allowed to trim any overhang - and technically,
you can "give" it back to the neighbour. I'd be tempted to speak to
them about it - and if they don't want it, shred it. But then you'd
need a shredder

Not sure of the lie of the land regarding growth that doesn't come over
the boundary (ie, that just blocks out light). I think it might have
changed/be changing following various outbreaks of hedge rage.

--
regards andyw

Old 28-07-2004, 10:08 AM
Bill Pritchard

Thanks for the website, it seems to explain everything and has gone straight to
my list of favourites.
Bill Pritchard
Retired and Emotional