Old 10-08-2004, 08:13 AM
Les &/or Claire

Default Renting Land?

has anyone here rented land to grow crops on? We have an idea for a cash
crop, need an acre of arable land. A field that had wheat or something in
previously perhaps. With a storage barn of some description for the dry
storage of crop while we prepare it for shipping etc.

I'm plunging into the world of commercial growers on google at the moment
but does anyone have any ideas of prices or the way and means of doing
something like this?

We're in S.kent.....

Les and Claire

--
http://www.stuffmongers.com

"...Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They
never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people,
and neither do we." - George W Bush

Remove frontal lobes to reply from a NG

Old 10-08-2004, 01:40 PM
GOOD GOLLY MISS mOLLY

"Les &/or Claire" wrote in message
has anyone here rented land to grow crops on? We have an idea for a cash
crop, need an acre of arable land. A field that had wheat or something in
previously perhaps. With a storage barn of some description for the dry
storage of crop while we prepare it for shipping etc.

I'm plunging into the world of commercial growers on google at the moment
but does anyone have any ideas of prices or the way and means of doing
something like this?

We're in S.kent.....

an allotment? Contact the council?

Old 13-08-2004, 04:50 AM
Les &/or Claire

Default Renting Land?message news:2004081016443088435

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
@flobalobzetnet.co.uk...

Don't mention one-acre wheat fields if you want to be taken seriously :~}

Janet

Ooops... good point! ) I think I was trying to say something about the
soil / aspect of the land. But i'm the first to admit I have a whole
shaboodle to learn. I have no chance of passing myself off as a
proffesional. No reason to try either, best way to learn is to admit you
don't know in the first place and ask lots and lots of questions!
I like the abandoned house idea thoufg! Have you used this method for
obtaining land to use yourself?

Les

Old 14-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Franz Heymann

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...
The message

[snip]

No, but I know others who have. When I wanted extra growing space

got an allotment; which is probably the easiest, cheapest and most
practical option for you.

I thought that allotments were usually not supposed to be used for
raising cash crops?

Franz

Old 15-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Pharmanaut

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
I suspect that the OP has a great deal of learning and practising to

do before that issue becomes a problem.

Janet

.. well pardon me for breathing! Your a terrible snob, did you know that?

Les

Old 15-08-2004, 12:23 AM
Les &/or Claire

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message

I suspect that the OP has a great deal of learning and practising to
do before that issue becomes a problem.

Janet

Janet, did eanyone ever tell you that you really are a terrible snob?

Les

Old 15-08-2004, 06:43 AM
Franz Heymann

"Pharmanaut" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in

message
I suspect that the OP has a great deal of learning and

practising to
do before that issue becomes a problem.

Janet

. well pardon me for breathing! Your a terrible snob, did you know
that?

Your accusation might have gone down better if you had made correct
use of your language.
The pair of words you failed to use correctly is an abbreviation for
"you are". The correct way of writing it is "you're", the apostrophe
doing service for the missing " a".

By the way, the observation made by Janet is valid. Why else would
the OP have come to urg for advice?

Franz

Old 16-08-2004, 07:03 AM
Franz Heymann

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...
The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains

these words:

"Pharmanaut" wrote in message

By the way, the observation made by Janet is valid. Why else

would
the OP have come to urg for advice?

"Pharmanaut" and the OP are the same person, Franz. He posted the

same
comment twice, from two different posting ID's, both signed Les.

Oh dear, how confusing to have to deal with split personatlties.
{:-((

Franz