Old 12-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Mark and Tracy

Default Plant Pot Movers

Hi

I`m not sure if anyone is interested, but a friend of mine is selling plant
pot movers on the internet. Its a new business venture and i`m interested to
know what people think of his website and product.

The website address is: http://www.thepottymover.co.uk/

Any comments from keen gardeners about this product would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Mark

Old 12-08-2004, 07:41 PM
JennyC

"Mark and Tracy" wrote in message
Hi

I`m not sure if anyone is interested, but a friend of mine is selling plant
pot movers on the internet. Its a new business venture and i`m interested to
know what people think of his website and product.

The website address is: http://www.thepottymover.co.uk/

Any comments from keen gardeners about this product would be appreciated.
Many Thanks Mark

Love the site graphics - good use of flash orwhateveritis :~))

Hate the look of the 'movers' - far to wide at the base = ugly - look like
elephant feet (sorry!)

Colours are OK.

Seem a bit expensive........

Jenny

Old 12-08-2004, 10:54 PM
Robert Harvey

Mark and Tracy wrote:

Hi

I`m not sure if anyone is interested, but a friend of mine is selling plant
pot movers on the internet. Its a new business venture and i`m interested to
know what people think of his website and product.

The website address is: http://www.thepottymover.co.uk/

Any comments from keen gardeners about this product would be appreciated.

I can't open the site using Firefox.
Seems to be too reliant on Flash.

See http://www.anybrowser.org/campaign/abdesign.html for some good tips
on accessabilty, or look at:
http://bobby.watchfire.com/bobby/bob...cag1-aaa&test=
Old 12-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Harvey
Mark and Tracy wrote:

Hi

I`m not sure if anyone is interested, but a friend of mine is selling plant
pot movers on the internet. Its a new business venture and i`m interested to
know what people think of his website and product.

The website address is: http://www.thepottymover.co.uk/

Any comments from keen gardeners about this product would be appreciated.

I can't open the site using Firefox.
Seems to be too reliant on Flash.

See http://www.anybrowser.org/campaign/abdesign.html for some good tips
on accessabilty, or look at:
http://bobby.watchfire.com/bobby/bob...cag1-aaa&test=
Many Thanks for your constructive answers, I will pass these on to the owner of the website, the designer should also cater for other forms of web browser i guess.

Once again thank you for taking the time to look. And yes the graphics are quite funny
Old 13-08-2004, 06:25 AM
Franz Heymann

"Mark and Tracy" wrote in message
Hi

I`m not sure if anyone is interested, but a friend of mine is

selling plant
pot movers on the internet. Its a new business venture and i`m

interested to
know what people think of his website and product.

The website address is: http://www.thepottymover.co.uk/

Any comments from keen gardeners about this product would be

appreciated.

I fing the gimmick-laden nonsensical comic strips sadly lacking in
information. Did you not realise that urglers might be literate?

Franz

Old 13-08-2004, 09:22 AM
Robert Harvey

mark2001 wrote:

Many Thanks for your constructive answers, I will pass these on to the
owner of the website, the designer should also cater for other forms of
web browser i guess.

Yep. IE accounts for about 50-60% of web usage, according to whose
tracker you believe. Mozilla products make up most of the rest, but the
whole thing is confused because produts like Opera, Konquerer, Galeon,
have facilities to pretend to be IE because banks etc. are so far behind
the times.

Opera typically shows something like 3% market penetration, but sites
that actually probe the browser suggest it's more like 6% to 8%
Old 13-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Traveller

Mark and Tracy wrote:
I`m not sure if anyone is interested, but a friend of mine is selling plant
pot movers on the internet.

Double posting the same message does look a bit like advertising, old
chap. Especially when you use a different username the second time.

Have a look at the charter at
http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gard....rec.gardening
for policy details.
Old 13-08-2004, 01:35 PM
Mark and Tracy

"Traveller" wrote in message
Mark and Tracy wrote:
I`m not sure if anyone is interested, but a friend of mine is selling
plant pot movers on the internet.

Double posting the same message does look a bit like advertising, old
chap. Especially when you use a different username the second time.

Have a look at the charter at
http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gard....rec.gardening
for policy details.

Hi Traveller..

As the previous post...I have apologised...i never realised that the
gardenbanter.co.uk website and this were linked. Hence why there are 2
usernames...1 is for my home machine using outlook express and the other
from subscribing to gardenbanter.co.uk.

I really am trying to gauge peoples opinions on this product.

Sorry

Mark

Old 13-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Robert Harvey

Robert Harvey wrote:
Seems to be too reliant on Flash.

I've opened it now with Opera/Flash, but flash is not universally
thought of as a good idea. I think the site would be better with real
photos of the products - graphics are not good enough if you are
planning to buy over the web.

I don't think the product would work on our patio. The water table [-0]
means that the slabs move about each winter, and it's not perfectly
even. Castors would be a bit of a nuiscance.

We have a mixture of round, square, hexagonal pots so we could not do
all of them. But then, at the price we could not afford to do all of
them! That's quite a lot of money, you know.

I know someone who grows palms in pots about 3 foot across. He might
find them useful, and I will pass it on to him. Would certainly make it
easier to move his pots, if they would fit on your larger size.

[-0] since the new estate was built and disrupted the field drains, the
water table is about half an inch above ground level for days on end.
Old 13-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:27:34 +0100, "Mark and Tracy"
wrote:

The website address is: http://www.thepottymover.co.uk/

Clicking on the link made my computer sieze up. i had to restart!

Pam in Bristol

Old 14-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 05:25:52 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

I fing the gimmick-laden nonsensical comic strips sadly lacking in
information. Did you not realise that urglers might be literate?

Badly let down by your typing again, Franz? :-)

Yes. {:-((

Do you keep a score? {:-))

Franz

Old 14-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:42:11 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I fing the gimmick-laden nonsensical comic strips sadly lacking

in
information. Did you not realise that urglers might be

literate?

Badly let down by your typing again, Franz? :-)

Do you keep a score? {:-))

it's tending to infinity.

Fings aint wot they used to be :-)

As long as it keeps you happy.....