Old 23-09-2004, 11:24 PM

Default Plant identification anybody?

Could someone kindly tell me what this is:

http://www.sunglow.dsl.pipex.net

These were taken in the summer.
In autumn it's a stunning golden brown colour.
In winter it looks for all the world like a dead twig.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 23-09-2004, 11:24 PM
Phil L

:: Could someone kindly tell me what this is:
::
::
http://www.sunglow.dsl.pipex.net
::
::
That link does't exist.

Old 24-09-2004, 07:03 AM
Franz Heymann

wrote in message
Could someone kindly tell me what this is:

http://www.sunglow.dsl.pipex.net

These were taken in the summer.
In autumn it's a stunning golden brown colour.
In winter it looks for all the world like a dead twig.

Many thanks in advance.

Try again. The page cannot be displayed.

Franz

Old 24-09-2004, 09:23 AM

On 2004-09-24, Franz Heymann wrote:

wrote in message
Could someone kindly tell me what this is:

http://www.sunglow.dsl.pipex.net

These were taken in the summer.
In autumn it's a stunning golden brown colour.
In winter it looks for all the world like a dead twig.

Many thanks in advance.

Try again. The page cannot be displayed.

Franz

All together... D'OH!
Sorry lads - www.sunglow.dsl.pipex.com
Old 24-09-2004, 09:32 AM
Steve

On 2004-09-24, Franz Heymann wrote:

wrote in message
Could someone kindly tell me what this is:

http://www.sunglow.dsl.pipex.net

These were taken in the summer.
In autumn it's a stunning golden brown colour.
In winter it looks for all the world like a dead twig.

Many thanks in advance.

Try again. The page cannot be displayed.

Franz

All together... D'OH!
Sorry lads - www.sunglow.dsl.pipex.com

It looks like a variety of the chinese "Tree of Heaven", Ailanthus
altissima.

Old 24-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Pam Moore

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:32:14 +0100, "Steve"
wrote:

Sorry lads - www.sunglow.dsl.pipex.com

It looks like a variety of the chinese "Tree of Heaven", Ailanthus
altissima.

Looks to me like sumach. Quite a challenge as a bonsai!

Pam in Bristol
Old 24-09-2004, 12:09 PM
Spider

wrote:

Sorry lads - www.sunglow.dsl.pipex.com

It looks like a variety of the chinese "Tree of Heaven", Ailanthus
altissima.

Looks to me like sumach. Quite a challenge as a bonsai!

Pam in Bristol

I agree with Pam. It's sumach or Rhus typhinus.
Spider

Old 24-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Franz Heymann

On 2004-09-24, Franz Heymann

wrote:

wrote in message
Could someone kindly tell me what this is:

http://www.sunglow.dsl.pipex.net

These were taken in the summer.
In autumn it's a stunning golden brown colour.
In winter it looks for all the world like a dead twig.

Many thanks in advance.

Try again. The page cannot be displayed.

Franz

All together... D'OH!
Sorry lads - www.sunglow.dsl.pipex.com

Rhus typhina, commonly known as Stagshorn Sumach.

Franz

Old 24-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Philip

On 2004-09-24, Franz Heymann wrote:
Could someone kindly tell me what this is:

http://www.sunglow.dsl.pipex.net

Rhus

Its pretty lively, so your pot will need to get larger.
Old 24-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from (Philip) contains these words:

m...
On 2004-09-24, Franz Heymann wrote:
Could someone kindly tell me what this is:

http://www.sunglow.dsl.pipex.net

Rhus

Its pretty lively, so your pot will need to get larger.

Nah - it'll just get out and run away when your back's turned.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 26-09-2004, 12:41 AM

On 2004-09-24, Franz Heymann wrote:
Could someone kindly tell me what this is:

http://www.sunglow.dsl.pipex.net

Rhus

Its pretty lively, so your pot will need to get larger.

Well the reason for the post was to find out if it needs any
particular kind of compost to grow in before I replant it,
but looking at descriptions of Rhus Typhina it seems it'll
grow in almost anything. Now I just need to find out if it's
ok to repot it now while it's on the decline for winter.

Sincere thanks for all the replies here. It's a fine newsgroup.
Relatively spam-free too - always a good thing...