Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2002, 10:43 AM

Default Peanuts for Birds

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
: In article , K
: writes
:
: We have 7 feeders in our small suburban garden in SW London, 3 of which
have
: peanuts, the others mixed seed. The seed is definitely popular, but the
: peanuts go too (the squirrels probably get the majority). I bought a
small
: cage type thing with fat 'cake' which came in various varieties. I
chose
: the one with insects, as I though it would be less attractive to the
: squirrels. It lasted just over a week and was popular with the
starlings.
: I have had fat balls in the past but the squirrels just take the whole
ball!
: We've had up to 13 house sparrows in the garden recently.
:
: Only 13! ;-)
:
: I know they've declined in recent years, but it seems to be more in the
: south than the N. We don't have a huge variety of birds, but the
: sparrows and the tits arrive in flocks.
: --
: Kay Easton
:
: Edward's earthworm page:
: http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/

We're proud of our 13 :O)) For the past 5 yrs or so we were practically
without them but before that we had lots. We were also without greenfinches
for a number of yrs but they have returned now. We also get rose ringed
parakeets on our feeders - bet you don't get those!

OT peanuts and birds? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 6 01-05-2006 02:22 PM
When do I stop feeding peanuts to the birds? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 6 09-03-2006 03:32 PM
Pennsylvania peanuts Craig E Gardening 1 02-04-2004 02:02 PM
Perennial Peanuts ragamuffin2004 Gardening 3 11-02-2004 02:44 AM
Peanuts.. Pete United Kingdom 2 23-08-2003 04:06 AM