Old 04-10-2004, 03:19 PM
hillier

Default courgettes in tubs ?

I would like to grow a few courgettes next year, in tubs if I can. Is this
possible, how much room do they need, when can they be sown and what
preparation is needed please? ( also thanks to the people who have already
helped me and my little garden this year)

Old 04-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Stephen Howard

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:19:37 GMT, "hillier"
wrote:

I would like to grow a few courgettes next year, in tubs if I can. Is this
possible, how much room do they need, when can they be sown and what
preparation is needed please? ( also thanks to the people who have already
helped me and my little garden this year)

You can get two courgette plants in a standard gro-bag - which equates
roughly to one courgette planet per 12" pot, give or take an inch or
so.

They're 'gross' feeders, so will either need a very rich compost, or
regular feeding.
Seeds are sown in early May, after the last frosts ( they're not hardy
plants ), but you could sow them under cover a little earlier and put
the pots out in May.
Go for bush varieties - they'll stand alone. Trailers will need
support..or plenty of sprawling space.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk

Container Plants, patio tubs & Pots - Planters petee Gardening 3 06-11-2004 02:55 PM
Bamboo(s) suitable for tubs toptaff United Kingdom 1 27-06-2004 11:06 AM
Huge Indoor Pond Tubs? Kodiak Ponds 11 30-09-2003 05:42 PM
leylandii in tubs -feasible? Zipadee Doodar United Kingdom 12 22-09-2003 05:22 PM
Uses for plastic poultry manure tubs?? Liz & Andy United Kingdom 4 14-05-2003 06:20 PM