Old 06-10-2004, 10:06 AM
David Hill

Default Earwigs

I wonder if anyone else has noticed the number of earwigs around this year,
I don't think I have ever seen as many before, they are everywhere, even had
5 in a 3 pin plug in the garage I had to open.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 06-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Saffy

"David Hill" wrote in message
I wonder if anyone else has noticed the number of earwigs around this

year,
I don't think I have ever seen as many before, they are everywhere, even

had
5 in a 3 pin plug in the garage I had to open.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

We definitely don't have too many this year - I hate the damn things so have
noticed that we don't have lots.

Saffy (in Ayrshire)

Old 06-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Saffy" contains these words:
"David Hill" wrote in message

I wonder if anyone else has noticed the number of earwigs around this

year,
I don't think I have ever seen as many before, they are everywhere, even

had
5 in a 3 pin plug in the garage I had to open.

We definitely don't have too many this year - I hate the damn things so have
noticed that we don't have lots.

I love earwigs - not very many insects mother their young. They do
little harm and quite a lot of good.

Once, on the Isle of Lewis, I found a couple of earwigs with *HUGE*
pincers - as long as their abdomens.

I kept them, and when I went down to London I took them to The British
Museum of Natural History.

The Curator of Entomology gave a squeak of delight - that I'd delivered
them alive. She bemoaned the usual practice of receiving specimens,
dedded, and nicely mounted.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 06-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Stephen Howard

"David Hill" wrote in message

I wonder if anyone else has noticed the number of earwigs around this

year,
I don't think I have ever seen as many before, they are everywhere, even

had
5 in a 3 pin plug in the garage I had to open.

We definitely don't have too many this year - I hate the damn things so have
noticed that we don't have lots.

I love earwigs - not very many insects mother their young. They do
little harm and quite a lot of good.

Once, on the Isle of Lewis, I found a couple of earwigs with *HUGE*
pincers - as long as their abdomens.

I kept them, and when I went down to London I took them to The British
Museum of Natural History.

The Curator of Entomology gave a squeak of delight - that I'd delivered
them alive. She bemoaned the usual practice of receiving specimens,
dedded, and nicely mounted.

What did she do with 'em?

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 06-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Stephen Howard contains these words:

The Curator of Entomology gave a squeak of delight - that I'd delivered
them alive. She bemoaned the usual practice of receiving specimens,
dedded, and nicely mounted.

What did she do with 'em?

Kept them in a vivarium. I've no idea what happened to them and their
progeny afterwards.

Old 07-10-2004, 09:20 AM
Franz Heymann

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in
message k...
The message
from Stephen Howard contains these words:

The Curator of Entomology gave a squeak of delight - that I'd

delivered
them alive. She bemoaned the usual practice of receiving

specimens,
dedded, and nicely mounted.

What did she do with 'em?

Kept them in a vivarium. I've no idea what happened to them and

their
progeny afterwards.

Made a fry-up when there were enough?

Franz

Old 07-10-2004, 03:40 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Martin contains these words:
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 08:20:21 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

What did she do with 'em?

Kept them in a vivarium. I've no idea what happened to them and

their
progeny afterwards.

Made a fry-up when there were enough?

Preferably dipped in chocolate

Fry's chocolate?

Old 12-10-2004, 04:42 AM
p.mc

I believe they keep your ears warm in winter :-)

--
Regards
p.mc

For personal replies please leave or type signature
"p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
posts will not be received.
Thanks

"Martin" wrote in message

wrote:

What did she do with 'em?

Kept them in a vivarium. I've no idea what happened to them and
their
progeny afterwards.

Made a fry-up when there were enough?

Preferably dipped in chocolate

Fry's chocolate?

I should hope so :-)
--
Martin

Earwigs Matt Bristol Orchids 7 26-11-2003 05:06 PM
How to Kill spiders wasps earwigs centipedes etc Kat Gardening 14 16-05-2003 11:56 PM
Peanut Oil to Battle Earwigs? Fleemo Gardening 6 01-05-2003 08:56 PM
Earwigs on my Lemon Tree Chris Warr Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:33 AM
Earwigs arien Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:33 AM