Old 10-10-2004, 02:36 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , ex WGS Hamm
writes
2nd favourite is lupin. I like to see dozens of lupins growing in a bed,

all
different colours. I can never have too many lupins or nasturtiums.

I can never have any lupins. Snails like them too much.

My ducks like snails too much :0)

Old 10-10-2004, 02:39 PM
Double Digger

Mine has to be a Peony, the yellow flowered P. ludlowii takes some beating.
Once established it is a fine plant with, for peonies, long lasting flowers.
P. ludlowii is not doing at all well in China, where it grows wild, due to
over zealous scrub clearance.

D.D.
---

"James" asked in a message:
Ok, so what is your favourite flower, and why?
---

Old 10-10-2004, 03:16 PM
JennyC

"Double Digger" wrote in message
Mine has to be a Peony, the yellow flowered P. ludlowii takes some beating.
Once established it is a fine plant with, for peonies, long lasting flowers.
P. ludlowii is not doing at all well in China, where it grows wild, due to
over zealous scrub clearance.

D.D.
---

"James" asked in a message:
Ok, so what is your favourite flower, and why?
---

So come on james - what's your favorite ?
Jenny :~)

Old 10-10-2004, 06:12 PM
Franz Heymann

"Saffy" wrote in message

"James" wrote in message
Ok, so what is your favourite flower, and why?

Mine is probably my Tropeolum Speciosum. It appeared of its own

accord and
grows where it wants to, but never in quite the same place each

year. It
has lovely shaped leaves,beautiful bright red foliage and deep blue

berries.

What a wonderful plant! You are right. It never grows where one
intends it to grow, but it does not matter. When it pops up here and
there, is it due to root growth, or are they seedlings?

I bought one about fifteen years ago and have since supplied a fair
fraction of the village with specimens. It has now reached the stage
where I actually have to thin out the plantlets in spring.

Franz

Old 10-10-2004, 06:20 PM
Rod

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 02:57:49 +0100, "James" wrote:

Ok, so what is your favourite flower, and why?

Depends on when you ask the question. Today it's a white 'Laser' F1
Cyclamen - one plant is filling our large greenhouse with its delicate
perfume. In February it will be Cyclamen coum flowers poking bravely
through any snow or frost we may have. In May it will be one of the
big blue Meconopsis.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.

Old 10-10-2004, 07:19 PM
James

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Double Digger" wrote in message
Mine has to be a Peony, the yellow flowered P. ludlowii takes some

beating.
Once established it is a fine plant with, for peonies, long lasting

flowers.
P. ludlowii is not doing at all well in China, where it grows wild, due

over zealous scrub clearance.

D.D.
---

"James" asked in a message:
Ok, so what is your favourite flower, and why?
---

So come on james - what's your favorite ?
Jenny :~)

Ok Jenny

Well one of my favourite flowers is the Forget-me-not

MYOSOTIS (Myoso'tis) because it is an unassuming, but

photogenic flower, and it always pleases me to find this in any garden.

:-)
--

Ukjay

Old 11-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Stephen Howard

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 02:57:49 +0100, "James" wrote:

Ok, so what is your favourite flower, and why?

For me it will always be the Buddleia - reminds me of long summers
spent playing with childhood friends in the park at the end of our
street.
The park had a stand of about half a dozen Buds of varying shades, and
when all the running and shouting was done with you could sit and
watch the butterflies and bees congregating on the blooms - making it
plant that constantly changed in colour and sound, underpinned by the
scent of summer.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk

Favourite Flower? Hose Boy Gardening 0 16-06-2008 09:27 PM
Favourite Hedera? Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 3 07-04-2003 03:32 AM
favourite conservatory plants???? Jill United Kingdom 7 06-04-2003 12:56 AM
Favourite gardening magazine? Jane Lumley United Kingdom 8 18-03-2003 08:44 AM