Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Ellie C

Default Raspberry bushes in the winter

Hi All,

I recently moved to the south of France from the northeast part of the
US, so I'm completely unused to the new climate, and am not sure what to
expect. I have planted some raspberry bushes and I'm wondering if I
should expect them to shed their leaves in the autumn, or if they stay
green all year. Where I'm from, in Massachusetts, the leaves would have
fallen by now, so I'm just a bit surprised to see these small plants
looking very green and happy.

Do they need any special treatment to make them stop growing before
winter (such as it is) sets in? Stop watering them perhaps?

Thanks,

Ellie (whose French isn't yet up to posting in the French gardening group!)

raspberry bushes Little Weed United Kingdom 8 27-09-2006 09:53 PM
Cutting back raspberry bushes Jo M Edible Gardening 3 13-11-2004 08:18 PM
Cutting back raspberry bushes Jo M Edible Gardening 0 06-11-2004 06:11 AM
RASPBERRY BUSHES WARRENRN1 Gardening 4 02-07-2003 03:08 AM
Raspberry Bushes Dessy Edible Gardening 3 24-02-2003 01:03 PM