Old 17-10-2004, 02:16 PM
David Hill

Default O.T. another bird question

Whilst picking the last of my beans the other day I could hear a tapping
coming from the hedge in bursts of 3 to 5 taps at the time.
I thought it might be a Nuthatch, but on slowly going towards the hedge I
finally saw the culprit.
It was a Great tit holding a nit in one foot and pecking to try to get
through the shell. After a couple of minutes, it moved a few feet to another
set of twigs taking the nut with it and then tried again.
Altogether I saw it move five times, always taking its nut with it. In the
end I gave up watching and left it to it.
I am wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 17-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Pam Moore

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 14:16:45 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

It was a Great tit holding a nit in one foot and pecking to try to get
through the shell.

You must have big, tough nits over there David. Glad others make
typos too!
You were lucky to see this.

Pam in Bristol