Old 17-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Aardvark

Default Wormery products

My wormery has done its stuff and as a result I have a tray of lovely
brown material.

I am after recipes and advice on how to use the worm cast material.

Thanks

Phil
Old 18-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Des Higgins

"Aardvark" wrote in message

My wormery has done its stuff and as a result I have a tray of lovely
brown material.

I am after recipes and advice on how to use the worm cast material.

Lasagne?
Shepherds Pie?

Otherwise throw it over the back wall at night into the neighbours garden.

Thanks

Phil

Seriously though (sorry for the silly jokes; I could not resist), I thought
the main reason for a wormery is to use it to get rid of organic waste that
would otherwise get dumped with the rest of the household rubbish, in a nice
manner. The left over brown stuff is a bonus? Dig it into your favourite
flower or vegetable bed?

Des

Old 18-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Franz Heymann

"Des Higgins" wrote in message

"Aardvark" wrote in

message

My wormery has done its stuff and as a result I have a tray of

lovely
brown material.

I am after recipes and advice on how to use the worm cast

material.

Lasagne?
Shepherds Pie?

Otherwise throw it over the back wall at night into the neighbours

garden.

Seriously though (sorry for the silly jokes; I could not resist), I

thought
the main reason for a wormery is to use it to get rid of organic

waste that
would otherwise get dumped with the rest of the household rubbish,

in a nice
manner. The left over brown stuff is a bonus? Dig it into your

favourite
flower or vegetable bed?

The lazy way is to just spread it on the surfasce. It will wend its
way downwards indue course.

Franz

Old 19-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Victoria Clare

Aardvark wrote in
:

My wormery has done its stuff and as a result I have a tray of lovely
brown material.

I am after recipes and advice on how to use the worm cast material.

I use mine on my rose beds, and sometimes dig it in to the soil bed of my
greenhouse as well.

I believe you can mix in sand to make a potting compost, but have not tried
this.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall
Old 19-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Franz Heymann

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...
The message
from "Des Higgins" contains these words:

"Aardvark" wrote in

message

My wormery has done its stuff and as a result I have a tray of

lovely
brown material.

I am after recipes and advice on how to use the worm cast

material.

Lasagne?
Shepherds Pie?

Otherwise throw it over the back wall at night into the neighbours

garden.

Seriously though (sorry for the silly jokes; I could not resist),

I thought
the main reason for a wormery is to use it to get rid of organic

waste that
would otherwise get dumped with the rest of the household rubbish,

in
a nice
manner.

Well, there's an example of why people should be very careful of
usenet "advice".

The left over brown stuff is a bonus? Dig it into your favourite
flower or vegetable bed?

It's the most valuable by product of wormcomposting, a seedfree
composted plant fertiliser ideal for adding to potting compost.

Flower
and vegetable beds should be full of wormcasts anyway, so don't

waste it
on them.

What proportions of what would you recommend?

Franz

Old 20-10-2004, 07:04 PM
Gary Davis

"Aardvark" wrote in message

[...]

Janet

Yes Janet,
I agree that it is really valuable and for me I like to use it in what I
consider to be 'special' places such as:
1. House potted plants
2. Hanging flower baskets
3. Flower boxes
I have also spread it on the ground around some special plants that I
want to give a 'nutritional kick'. When I have lots, I dry on cardboard (in
the sun if I can) and then put the dried castings in jars so I can use
later. I have even thought of giving jars away as gifts...so far only
thought about it!
Cheers,
Gary
Fort Langley BC
Canada

Experiment : Wormery Products Andy United Kingdom 1 18-09-2012 05:43 PM
Wormery from tyres? picti United Kingdom 1 10-05-2003 04:20 PM
how to make a wormery teapot United Kingdom 0 15-01-2003 08:30 PM
Wormery Pauline Jones United Kingdom 6 13-11-2002 11:09 PM
Any Wormery recs? Jaffacake United Kingdom 0 19-10-2002 07:59 PM