Old 26-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Janet Tweedy

Default angelonia seed?

Am I right in thinking that these attractive little plants that seem to
come in quite a few good colours, are produced from cuttings and that
you cannot get seed for them?
I've looked on the web and it doesn't list a supplier to the UK (that I
can see)

I bought several plants latish in the year and they were really good for
filling gaps etc but I would like to grow my own. Do I take these in and
start them again next year for propagating?

The label on one (the pink one) was

Carita Angelonia Carita Deep pink Florensis 03

on the back it says Angelonia Carita Series.
Most of reverse of label in Dutch and German!

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 26-10-2004, 02:39 PM
Franz Heymann

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
news
Am I right in thinking that these attractive little plants that seem

come in quite a few good colours, are produced from cuttings and

that
you cannot get seed for them?
I've looked on the web and it doesn't list a supplier to the UK

(that I
can see)

I bought several plants latish in the year and they were really good

for
filling gaps etc but I would like to grow my own. Do I take these in

and
start them again next year for propagating?

The label on one (the pink one) was

Carita Angelonia Carita Deep pink Florensis 03

on the back it says Angelonia Carita Series.
Most of reverse of label in Dutch and German!

Googling on Carita angelonia gives more than 2,000 hits. The very
first one gives completely detailed instuctions for propagating from
cuttings.

Franz

Old 27-10-2004, 12:03 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
news
Am I right in thinking that these attractive little plants that seem

come in quite a few good colours, are produced from cuttings and

that
you cannot get seed for them?

Googling on Carita angelonia gives more than 2,000 hits. The very
first one gives completely detailed instuctions for propagating from
cuttings.

Franz

I saw the sites Franz, As I've just cut them back after flowering it's
doubtful I'll get any late plant material that's why I was looking for
seeds. Presumably they are hybrids or don't come true from seed then?

janet
Old 27-10-2004, 12:04 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Sacha
writes

We've looked in a couple of suppliers' catalogues and they all seem to do
plugs only. Kernock Park Plants (wholesale only) does Angelonia Angelface
in Blue, Blue Bi-colour and White. All are what they market as Proven
Winners. If you propagate yours, be sure not to sell them on at the village
féte! ;-)

Can I give them away free with a 50p plastic bag?

Janet

Old 27-10-2004, 09:33 PM
Franz Heymann

[...]

Sorry, Janet I know nothing about them. I was just curious about the
name after I saw your original note, and decided to find out what they
were by peeping with Google.

Franz