Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-11-2004, 08:19 AM
June Hughes

Default edible figs - help please

Hi everyone. Long time, no post. I hope you are all well.

I have a question which I hope someone can help with. I purchased a fig
tree in spring and it has produced some lovely figs. The supplier told
me to leave it in its huge pot on the patio, which I did. It has
several small, unripe (ie green) figs left on it but has shed all its
leaves. Is this normal, please - ie do edible fig trees shed their
leaves in winter?

If they don't, can anyone tell me what is wrong with it, please?

Also, is it right to leave it in the pot (the pot is huge - about the
size of one of those large buckets with rope handles)?

I would hate to think I have killed it off and the RHS books I have
don't seem to contain any information at all.

Many thanks in advance.
--
June Hughes