Old 16-11-2004, 04:54 AM
andrewpreece

"Symon" wrote in message

Hi everyone, this is my first postibg and ive never used this service
before, so apologise if thuis question has been aske a thousand times.
I have recently dug up my front lawn and replaced it with decorative
chippings and some grasses due to the fact that my lawn was always
covered in Cats mess, i tried everything from garlic to curry/chilli
powderand lots of garden centre products. to my horror this morning i
have found another very large deposit right in the middle of my new
(and very nice looking may i add) garden. Can anybody please help(
other than the usual boot up the A**e advice) i may have to shoot the
thing soon JOKE.

Symon

--
Symon

Are you using 10mm gravel, or pea-gravel? Cats think this is cat litter. I
had to mix in
a fair amount of subsoil clay with mine and reduce the thickness. Now if
they scrape away the top 1" they come up against a sort of clay/gravel
compaction, and give up. I would say loose gravel any thicker than 1" is
inviting trouble. Also, the smaller it is, the more they are tempted to use
it. Go for larger gravel if you can. I graded my pea-gravel so that all the
small stuff was sifted out ( long job ) so all that was left was 10mm or
larger, reduced the thickness from 2" to 1", and as I said, stabilised the
gravel layer with a bit of clay underneath, since 1" of round gravel on top
of a geo-textile liner skitters about and reveals the liner when you walk on
it.

Andy.

Old 16-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Registered User

Talking Cats Mess

Old 16-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Rod

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:01:59 +0000, Symon
wrote:

Hi everyone, this is my first postibg and ive never used this service
before, so apologise if thuis question has been aske a thousand times.
I have recently dug up my front lawn and replaced it with decorative
chippings and some grasses due to the fact that my lawn was always
covered in Cats mess, i tried everything from garlic to curry/chilli
powderand lots of garden centre products. to my horror this morning i
have found another very large deposit right in the middle of my new
(and very nice looking may i add) garden.

I wonder if you're certain that it's a cat? Did you see the culprit?
Would you recognise the leavings of Badgers or Foxes for example? I'm
asking this because you say very large deposit. It probably won't be
much help in solving the problem but it's always nice to be clear what
the problem is,

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.
Old 16-11-2004, 11:12 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"Symon" wrote in message

Hi everyone, this is my first postibg and ive never used this service
before, so apologise if thuis question has been aske a thousand times.
I have recently dug up my front lawn and replaced it with decorative
chippings and some grasses due to the fact that my lawn was always
covered in Cats mess, i tried everything from garlic to curry/chilli
powderand lots of garden centre products. to my horror this morning i
have found another very large deposit right in the middle of my new
(and very nice looking may i add) garden. Can anybody please help(
other than the usual boot up the A**e advice) i may have to shoot the
thing soon JOKE.

It is unusualy for cats to mess right in the middle of anywhee and leave the
turd ditting on the surface. Have you actually *seen* the cat messing? It is
more than likely to be a hedgehog turd.

Old 16-11-2004, 11:40 PM
suspicious minds

"ex WGS Hamm" wrote in message

"Symon" wrote in message

snip
It is unusualy for cats to mess right in the middle of anywhee and leave
the
turd ditting on the surface. Have you actually *seen* the cat messing? It
is
more than likely to be a hedgehog turd.

Well cats mess in the middle of my garden and I can even identify the recent
culprit, usually by the colour of the fur in the turd.

Old 17-11-2004, 04:58 AM
Cereus-validus...

My, oh my!!!

Sherlock Holmes ain't got nothing on you, Kojak!!!!

"suspicious minds" wrote in message
news

"ex WGS Hamm" wrote in message

snip

Old 17-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Tumbleweed

********. Standard behaviour for the cats round here.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

Old 17-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Jim

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
.. .

"ex WGS Hamm" wrote in message

"Symon" wrote in message

[...]

It is quite obvious that you will never-ever defeat the cat or the cat
owner. You are left with a small selection of "fixes" for the problem. (1)
dispose of the cat (2) dispose of the cat owner. (3) Live with it. (4)
construct and maintain a unit that the cat likes to crap in. That keeps it
in one place and cleanup is not very difficult. It also makes option (1)
easier to accomplish.

Old 18-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Registered User

Or how about just planting the area up so thickly that the cat has nowhere to squat? (although admittedly it makes getting in there to do any gardening a bit of a challenge, too). Plant lots of herbs (thyme, rosemary, lavendar, etc.) that do well in gravel. Also spiky things like Eryngiums. Or do they shit all over your plants as well as the gravel?
Old 18-11-2004, 12:44 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"ex WGS Hamm" wrote in message

"Symon" wrote in message

[...]

I have a feeling that 'inciting others to commit a crime' is against the
law.

Old 18-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Rick

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:22:32 +0000 (UTC), "Jim"
(remove $ ) wrote:

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
. ..

"ex WGS Hamm" wrote in message

"Symon" wrote in message

[...]

You missed one
Get your own cat. Hopefully it will keep other cats out of its
territory.

I have just had to do this. But will have to wait and see if it works
as my two are only 11 weeks old at the moment.

Rick...
Old 18-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Spider

"ex WGS Hamm" wrote in message

"Symon" wrote in message

[...]

Actually, ******** are only standard for entire male cats.
Spider

Old 18-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Spider wrote:

********. Standard behaviour for the cats round here.

Actually, ******** are only standard for entire male cats.

You can now get artificial ones to fit to cats without them.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 28-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symon
Hi everyone, this is my first postibg and ive never used this service before, so apologise if thuis question has been aske a thousand times. I have recently dug up my front lawn and replaced it with decorative chippings and some grasses due to the fact that my lawn was always covered in Cats mess, i tried everything from garlic to curry/chilli powderand lots of garden centre products. to my horror this morning i have found another very large deposit right in the middle of my new (and very nice looking may i add) garden. Can anybody please help( other than the usual boot up the A**e advice) i may have to shoot the thing soon JOKE.

Symon
I am having the same problem can you suggest a good make and model of the latest gun and one of the most effective.