Old 22-11-2004, 10:48 PM
Registered User

Red face Lawn tractors- which one?

I have a lawn which takes about an hour to cut with a rotary mower and 2 acres of field. I was intending to buy a tractor and topper until a friend lent me a Simplicity Grand Baron 20/40, I collected the grass off the lawn and mowed the field without collecting. The field was damp and fairly long, I was impressed with how well it coped, it jammed a couple of times in long nettles but otherwise went flat out through the grass.
I have since spoken to various dealers who recommend Countax with the brush collector. They are quite pricey, but I can buy a similar Hayter ST42H at a discount as it is dicontinued. My friend is also selling his year old Simplicity. I have to decide between Simplicity 20/40 and Hayter ST42H
I understand that Honda's and Lawnflite etc are not built as well as Simplicity and the bigger Hayter and Countax are better built still.
I have been told differing stories by various dealers, that brush collection is better than blowing and vice versa. Also that the brush collectors are not as monoeuverable due to their size.
Can anybody offer advice? I will collect the lawn and not the field. I liked the dispersal of the Simplicity.
Old 23-11-2004, 08:40 AM
pied piper

--

try ebay there are many for sale personally the tractor and topper is the
best