Old 02-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Sacha

On 2/12/04 16:21, in article , "Franz
Heymann" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 2/12/04 7:22, in article ,

"Franz
Heymann" wrote:

snip

Oh dear, why did I start this little lot?
{:-((

Franz

YOU didn't!

30 Nov. at 20.58 I fired the starting pistol.
{:-((

Franz

Nobody forced the runners to enter the race. I *was* going to say unless
you have a magic pistol - but then I thought better of it. But not for
long. ;-)

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 02-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Kay

In article 1101997966.m4q1hmnYA0wt9L1v3NhEIA@teranews, Tim Challenger
writes
On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:14:04 +0100, Martin wrote:

I wouldn't be too sure, HSBC sent us two debit cards by normal post.

I don't know a bank which doesn't, though I'm open to correction on
this. Lloyds TSB and Nationwide (not a bank though) certainly do.

I'm not sure how else they'd get the cards to you!

There are two obvious secure ways.
a) you collect them at your bank and prove who you are

That would be OK if everyone has easy access to a local branch of their
bank. Or, indeed, if every bank had local branches.

b) they are sent registered delivery to you and you prove who you are.

Suppliers of delivery services do not offer proof of identity as a
service. The most they will do is obtain a signature from someone who
opens the door at the delivery address.

No wonder UK has the highest level of credit card fraud in Europe.

Na, they do it the same way in Austria and Germany as well. No-one uses
registered post except the government and debt collectors.

--
Kay

Old 02-12-2004, 10:45 PM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:21:46 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:22:41 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

To late. I clicked and await the short sharp shock of a cheap

and
tinny chopper any moment now.
{:-))

Frana

Frana?

I blame the tinny chopper. :-)

Just checking if you are still paying attention.

If it made you change sex, I'd say it was you, who wasn't paying
attention :-)

{:-))

Franzina

Old 03-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Tim Challenger

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 18:00:34 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:38:44 +0100, Tim Challenger
wrote:

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:32:39 +0100, Martin wrote:

Oh it's you. Didn't realise you were here as well. Is there no peace
anywhere on USENET? :-)

I've been here for a while.

Anyone could say that.
I lurk mostly. Especially after the recent flames about people from other
countries posting answers or heaven forbid, even a (whispers) question.

Tell us about your Alpine rockery ...

Now there's a point ... it's my whole garden .....
--
Tim C.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:22 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message 1101997853.N/LWAM4iOBWeDWnNSji1SQ@teranews
from Tim Challenger contains these words:
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:03:56 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On our return from
Majorca, we received a bogus letter telling us that we'd won El Gordo and
should send our bank details to an address in Madrid. As we'd never
actually bought a lottery ticket and the scam was so pitifully badly done,
our giant intellects put two and two together.... But what I don't like
about the last one is that it seems very probable that someone from our
hotel, car hire company or travel agent, handed our name and address on to
the scammers.

Probably a coincidence - your post rang a bell with me, I'm sure I got a
similar one as I remember thinking "I've never bought a Spanish lottery
ticket" - I haven't been to Spain or had any Spanish dealings for 18 years.

I got one last year: much rejoicing and went out and spent lavishly. Not.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM