Old 17-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Sprouts?

My sprouts are not doing at all well this year, most of them are
about the size of a large pea, a few of them are growing into a
sensibe size, but what on earth is wrong with the others?

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Old 18-12-2004, 06:16 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Alan Holmes
writes

My sprouts are not doing at all well this year, most of them are
about the size of a large pea, a few of them are growing into a
sensibe size, but what on earth is wrong with the others?

Do you mean that your sprouts are not on earth?
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 18-12-2004, 08:56 AM
Robert

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
:
: My sprouts are not doing at all well this year, most of them are
: about the size of a large pea, a few of them are growing into a
: sensibe size, but what on earth is wrong with the others?
:
: --
: alan
:
It may help to pick out the tops as the sprouts get bigger then as the
energy is diverted to the side buds (sprouts)

Old 18-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Bob Hobden

"Alan Holmes" wrote My sprouts are not doing at all well this year, most
of them are
about the size of a large pea, a few of them are growing into a
sensibe size, but what on earth is wrong with the others?

Ours were late developing this year but they are OK now, indeed some are
beginning to blow. A neighbours, grown from plants I gave him, are also very
small still which is strange considering ours from the same seed box are
good sized now.

Must be the weather, lack of rain in the last couple of months.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 18-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Alan Holmes

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , Alan Holmes
writes

My sprouts are not doing at all well this year, most of them are
about the size of a large pea, a few of them are growing into a
sensibe size, but what on earth is wrong with the others?

Do you mean that your sprouts are not on earth?

Apparently not, otherwise they would be growing well!

My posts don't seem to be showing here again!

Old 18-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Alan Holmes
writes
Do you mean that your sprouts are not on earth?

Apparently not, otherwise they would be growing well!

My posts don't seem to be showing here again!

I can see your posts well enough. Now what to do is use those posts as
supports for your sprouts. Tie them well and maybe those tiny buttons
will develop into good sized sprouts.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 18-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Janet Galpin

The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

My sprouts are not doing at all well this year, most of them are
about the size of a large pea, a few of them are growing into a
sensibe size, but what on earth is wrong with the others?

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

They might be a late variety. Do you know the variety name?
JanetG

Old 18-12-2004, 11:09 PM
Alan Holmes

"Janet Galpin" wrote in message
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

My sprouts are not doing at all well this year, most of them are
about the size of a large pea, a few of them are growing into a
sensibe size, but what on earth is wrong with the others?

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

They might be a late variety. Do you know the variety name?

Brasica gemmifera, or Roodnerf.

Says on the packet, pick from Sept to April.

Old 21-12-2004, 05:05 PM
D Russell

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

My sprouts are not doing at all well this year, most of them are
about the size of a large pea, a few of them are growing into a
sensibe size, but what on earth is wrong with the others?

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Well not to mention any of the obvious but have you checked for clubroot, or
other infestation at the roots ? Actually last time I tried to grow sprouts
I had some real trouble with them all being either small or very open, it
appeared to be mainly down to the soil not being compact enough when they
were planted.
Duncan

Brussell Sprouts with no Sprouts! [email protected] Gardening 6 07-09-2008 11:26 PM
brussel sprouts blooming but no edible sprouts ncstockguy Gardening 2 26-04-2006 04:26 PM
brussel sprouts blooming but no edible sprouts ncstockguy North Carolina 1 20-04-2006 11:45 PM
pepper sprouts brian Edible Gardening 2 02-03-2003 11:39 AM
Red Brussels Sprouts and others Jerome R. Long Edible Gardening 5 24-02-2003 06:04 PM