Old 20-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Mike

Default re Sprouts again

We gave a Dinner Party last night and the as we were 'rather late', some of
the pots and dishes were not cleared away into the Dish Washer. Has anyone
seen what happens to a Silver Serving spoon if left in a Tureen of Brussel
Sprouts?

One needs to make haste with the Silver Polish! We were amazed at the mess
if was left in.

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Lanc Bomber Fly Past

Old 20-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Franz Heymann

"Mike" wrote in message
We gave a Dinner Party last night and the as we were 'rather late',

some of
the pots and dishes were not cleared away into the Dish Washer. Has

anyone
seen what happens to a Silver Serving spoon if left in a Tureen of

Brussel
Sprouts?

Now that's posh. {:-))

One needs to make haste with the Silver Polish! We were amazed at

the mess
if was left in.

I would venture to say that that was due to sulphur in the sprouts.

Franz

Old 21-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Mike

seen what happens to a Silver Serving spoon if left in a Tureen of
Brussel
Sprouts?

Now that's posh. {:-))

? Posh? I take it you serve your sprouts at the table from a bucket and use
a garden trowel?

Old 22-12-2004, 12:13 AM
Phil L

Mike wrote:
:::: seen what happens to a Silver Serving spoon if left in a Tureen
:::: of Brussel Sprouts?
:::
::: Now that's posh. {:-))
::::
::
:: ? Posh? I take it you serve your sprouts at the table from a
:: bucket and use a garden trowel?

Maybe he uses a normal serving bowl and a wooden or stainless steel utensil?

We don't, we put them onto a plate straight from the saucepan, it saves on
the washing up and also losing heat twice, still, if you like cold
vegetables and polishing silver then your way is best.

Old 22-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Registered User

oooooh, handbags!

Personally, i never use silver polish as i'm a lazy so and so. Instead, put your silver in a bowl/tub filled with hot water, salt and a sheet of tinfoil at the bottom. The tarnish transfers to to the foil and all you have to do is leave it for a while then pluck it out and give it a quick wipe with a cloth - ta da! Very shiny silver and no messy polish sticking in all the cracks.

that's my handy household tip for the day!

bob

Old 22-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Franz Heymann

"Mike" wrote in message
seen what happens to a Silver Serving spoon if left in a Tureen

of
Brussel
Sprouts?

Now that's posh. {:-))

? Posh? I take it you serve your sprouts at the table from a bucket

and use
a garden trowel?

Indeed yes, insofar as we don't eat sprouts. We prefer to eat the pig
which ate the sprouts.
{:-)

Franz

Old 22-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Mike

Indeed yes, insofar as we don't eat sprouts. We prefer to eat the pig
which ate the sprouts.
{:-)

Franz

Now you cannot beat a good bit of Crackling with an Apple Sauce :-))

Had that at a Lodge Dinner last month :-)))

Old 23-12-2004, 12:41 PM
jane

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:31:24 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

~
~"Mike" wrote in message
~ seen what happens to a Silver Serving spoon if left in a Tureen
~of
~ Brussel
~ Sprouts?
~
~ Now that's posh. {:-))
~
~
~ ? Posh? I take it you serve your sprouts at the table from a bucket
~and use
~ a garden trowel?
~
~Indeed yes, insofar as we don't eat sprouts. We prefer to eat the pig
~which ate the sprouts.
~{:-)

Sounds familiar!
My husband (avowed carnivore) says he likes vegetables, so long as
they are pre-processed by a cow or a pig!

(But I'm educating him gradually... he admits homegrown veg do taste
better and I do catch him eating them!)

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 22-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Mike

Now that's posh. {:-))

Well there you go. The keepers of the newsgroup have taken GREAT DELIGHT to
show that I am NOT posh, even common perhaps?

So even the Barracloff has got it wrong toooooooooo!!!!!!

:-))

Happy Christmas everyone :-))