Old 29-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Pam Moore

Default Weedkiller query

I have today cut back, and weeded, some grasses in pots. One in
particular, hakonechloa, is over-run with an oxalis which I have put
up with for 38 years
Now my signt is bad, and picking out the oxalis roots from the grass
is impossible.
As there is no fresh growth of the grass above ground, would a spray
of weedkiller such as glyphosate be safe to use? My instincts tell me
it should work but I thought I would sound out you URGlers first.
Opinions please. TIA

Pam in Bristol
Old 29-12-2004, 10:38 PM
pied piper

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I have today cut back, and weeded, some grasses in pots. One in
particular, hakonechloa, is over-run with an oxalis which I have put
up with for 38 years
Now my signt is bad, and picking out the oxalis roots from the grass
is impossible.
As there is no fresh growth of the grass above ground, would a spray
of weedkiller such as glyphosate be safe to use? My instincts tell me
it should work but I thought I would sound out you URGlers first.
Opinions please. TIA

Pam in Bristol

yes it would work

Weedkiller. chris.sperry United Kingdom 4 07-05-2003 08:44 AM
weedkiller, roundup, knockdown Frank Logullo Gardening 5 05-05-2003 02:44 PM
Grass Killer (weedkiller) welshman United Kingdom 3 29-04-2003 08:33 PM
Weedkiller TAK United Kingdom 0 20-10-2002 11:14 AM
Environmentally Friendly Weedkiller Jane Ransom United Kingdom 3 28-09-2002 04:51 PM