Old 30-12-2004, 07:24 AM
gary

Default Asian Disaster...off topic-so shoot me!

Hello I have sent the following message to the Premier of the Province of
BC, Canada. Should you feel the way I do then you know what to do. The
peoples in the disaster area need help and they need it now. Not tomorrow
but now.
Should anyone want to send me spam-go ahead. To the rest of you, there are
many that need our help.
Gary
Fort Langley, BC
Canada

Old 30-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Alan Gould

In article , gary
writes
Hello I have sent the following message to the Premier of the Province of
BC, Canada. Should you feel the way I do then you know what to do. The
peoples in the disaster area need help and they need it now. Not tomorrow
but now.
Should anyone want to send me spam-go ahead. To the rest of you, there are
many that need our help.

Hopefully nobody will be so crass as to object to this message.
We will not be writing to anybody because it will cause delay.
We are sending our donation via www.dec.org.uk NOW.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 30-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Tumbleweed

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , gary
writes
Hello I have sent the following message to the Premier of the Province of
BC, Canada. Should you feel the way I do then you know what to do. The
peoples in the disaster area need help and they need it now. Not tomorrow
but now.
Should anyone want to send me spam-go ahead. To the rest of you, there are
many that need our help.

Hopefully nobody will be so crass as to object to this message.
We will not be writing to anybody because it will cause delay.
We are sending our donation via www.dec.org.uk NOW.

Presumably this twit thinks the premier of(etc) has no clue what is going on
in the rest of the world and will only jump in to action once he finds out
via this persons email! What I'd like to know is, why he thought it useful
to notify a UK gardening newsgroup of this, considering its re the
premier(etc) of some place in Canada.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 30-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Cerumen

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , gary
writes
Hello I have sent the following message to the Premier of the Province

of
BC, Canada. Should you feel the way I do then you know what to do. The
peoples in the disaster area need help and they need it now. Not

tomorrow
but now.
Should anyone want to send me spam-go ahead. To the rest of you, there

are
many that need our help.

Hopefully nobody will be so crass as to object to this message.
We will not be writing to anybody because it will cause delay.
We are sending our donation via www.dec.org.uk NOW.

Well I won't be lodging a complaint but I do rather question the posters
logic as it would seem they are more likely to offend rather than drum up
support. That said I have donated here in Ireland but not because somebody
else wrote a letter to some politician :-)

--

Chris Thomas
West Cork

Old 30-12-2004, 09:36 PM
June Hughes

In message , Alan Gould
writes
In article , gary
writes
Hello I have sent the following message to the Premier of the Province of
BC, Canada. Should you feel the way I do then you know what to do. The
peoples in the disaster area need help and they need it now. Not tomorrow
but now.
Should anyone want to send me spam-go ahead. To the rest of you, there are
many that need our help.

Hopefully nobody will be so crass as to object to this message.
We will not be writing to anybody because it will cause delay.
We are sending our donation via www.dec.org.uk NOW.

Rotary clubs across the world are already sending shelter boxes, which
include tents and water-purifying equipment, so I have decided to
contribute to that.
--
June Hughes

Old 31-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Mike

Rotary clubs across the world are already sending shelter boxes, which
include tents and water-purifying equipment, so I have decided to
contribute to that.
--
June Hughes

Grand Lodge of Freemasons in the UK have made a donation and more will
follow, no doubt at Lodge Meetings across the UK, more will be donated.

Mike

Old 31-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Franz Heymann

"Mike" wrote in message

Rotary clubs across the world are already sending shelter boxes,

which
include tents and water-purifying equipment, so I have decided to
contribute to that.
--
June Hughes

Grand Lodge of Freemasons in the UK have made a donation and more

will
follow, no doubt at Lodge Meetings across the UK, more will be

donated.

I gather that personal contributions have been coming in to
www.dec.org.uk at £1 Milli0on per hour for 36 hours or more. Keep it
going!

Franz

Old 31-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Mike

Grand Lodge of Freemasons in the UK have made a donation and more

will
follow, no doubt at Lodge Meetings across the UK, more will be

donated.

I gather that personal contributions have been coming in to
www.dec.org.uk at £1 Milli0on per hour for 36 hours or more. Keep it
going!

Franz

I expect the Masonic Lodges will donate via Grand Lodge via their Charity
Fund.

Mike
1869
9780

Old 01-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Michael Berridge

It's amazing to me that we have been so worried about man made disasters and
terrorism over the last few years and mother nature just has to make what is
the global equivalent of a slight hiccup, and we have an unprecedented
disaster one our hands that has affected many countries directly and almost
all countries indirectly. It has affected all religions and faiths and just
goes to show how impotent we are in the face of nature. Perhaps it will
bring countries, communities and religions closer together, and have more of
an effect than other so-called peace initiatives.

Mike

Old 01-01-2005, 11:59 AM
June Hughes

In message , Michael Berridge
writes
It's amazing to me that we have been so worried about man made disasters and
terrorism over the last few years and mother nature just has to make what is
the global equivalent of a slight hiccup, and we have an unprecedented
disaster one our hands that has affected many countries directly and almost
all countries indirectly. It has affected all religions and faiths and just
goes to show how impotent we are in the face of nature. Perhaps it will
bring countries, communities and religions closer together, and have more of
an effect than other so-called peace initiatives.

Mike

It's a nice thought, Mike but highly unlikely.
--
June Hughes

Old 07-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Andy Hunt

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , gary
writes
Hello I have sent the following message to the Premier of the Province of
BC, Canada. Should you feel the way I do then you know what to do. The
peoples in the disaster area need help and they need it now. Not tomorrow
but now.
Should anyone want to send me spam-go ahead. To the rest of you, there

are
many that need our help.

Hopefully nobody will be so crass as to object to this message.
We will not be writing to anybody because it will cause delay.
We are sending our donation via www.dec.org.uk NOW.
--

Maybe people had better spend their money on adapting their own lifestyles
for the problems which will befall us all after the end of the age of cheap

http://www.postcarbon.org/

Charity begins at home, after all.

Andy

Old 08-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Mike Lyle

Andy Hunt wrote:
[...]
Maybe people had better spend their money on adapting their own
lifestyles for the problems which will befall us all after the end

of
the age of cheap oil . . .

http://www.postcarbon.org/

Charity begins at home, after all.

But that's only where it _begins_!

Better still to adapt one's lifestyle _without_ spending money, and
send the spare cash where it will do some good.

Mike.