Old 10-01-2005, 04:41 PM
andrewpreece

Default Mature Tree Removal?

I suppose I already know the answer to this one, but are there any
landscaping companies out there that will pull up a mature tree and use it
for landscaping if they consider it attractive enough? My neighbour tells me
he's going to chop down a couple of variegated holly trees in his garden (
too close to the house ) and I thought that even with them being 25 feet
high, I've seen machines that can literally pull a tree out of the ground
for landscaping use, and some company might want a couple of variegated
hollies. Chances are slim to nothing, but I thought I'd ask.

Andy.

Old 10-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Mike

What about the footings of his house if he 'heaves' it out???????

We have just left the stump of a quite substantial tree in because of a
public footpath and Electric cables:-((

At my last house I had a HUGE holly tree about 6 feet away from the kitchen
:-(( I cut it down and got rid of it bit by bit. (The Children's Donkey ate
the leaves)

Mike
If anyone has RAF relatives in the USA and/or Canada, the National Service
(RAF) Association is starting branches there. :-))))

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Lanc Bomber Fly Past

Old 11-01-2005, 02:32 AM
andrewpreece

"JeffC" wrote in message
There are machines capable of removing mature trees, and have been used in
circumstances where ( for instance ) motorway or highway contractors
building roads through controversial areas, and planners have promised to
replant them close by.

I cannot see such machinery being used close to property though, and the
expense would out way the value of the trees, no matter how grand they are

Yes,
I thought that would be the answer, shame, but on the plus side, that
means he'll give them to me for firewood!

Andy :-)

Old 11-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Registered User

At my last house I had a HUGE holly tree about 6 feet away from the kitchen
:-(( I cut it down and got rid of it bit by bit. (The Children's Donkey ate
the leaves)

Donkeys can eat holly leaves?! Respect to donkeys!
Old 11-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Mike

At my last house I had a HUGE holly tree about 6 feet away from the
kitchen
:-(( I cut it down and got rid of it bit by bit. (The Children's Donkey
ate
the leaves)

Donkeys can eat holly leaves?! Respect to donkeys!

Quite amazed me too!! I was up the tree cutting branches off and flinging
them down into her paddock with the intention of moving them when I came
down, and she started eating them. Just left me with bare branches :-))

Mike

Old 11-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Rod

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 02:32:28 -0000, "andrewpreece"
wrote:

I thought that would be the answer, shame, but on the plus side, that
means he'll give them to me for firewood!

Variegated hollies - even large ones are not that precious and well
dried holly is wonderful firewood.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.

Mature Cherry Tree squaredog Gardening 5 02-03-2012 03:31 AM
mature tree planting abraham United Kingdom 8 12-01-2005 08:09 PM
Help Needed: Semi Mature Tree Sourcing Weby United Kingdom 2 02-11-2004 10:17 AM
Where can I buy a mature dwarf Cherry tree in the NYC area? Larry Racies Edible Gardening 9 19-04-2004 12:03 AM
want to grow new tree/plants from cuttings of mature ones Kevin Gardening 9 20-02-2004 08:23 AM