Old 19-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Leslie

Default Cabbage Tundra

Have been cutting cabbage for about two weeks now.
The cabbage is firm good looking and without blemishes.
When preparing the cabbage much of the inside is home for slugs snails and
woodlice.
These of course mean much waste, but, how do they get in as the leaves are
firled tight.
How can I avoid this next year.

..............................Leslie

Old 20-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Robert

"Leslie" wrote in message
.. .
: Have been cutting cabbage for about two weeks now.
: The cabbage is firm good looking and without blemishes.
: When preparing the cabbage much of the inside is home for slugs snails and
: woodlice.
: These of course mean much waste, but, how do they get in as the leaves are
: firled tight.
: How can I avoid this next year.
:
: ..............................Leslie

An old gardener I used to know used to throw a handful of salt over cabbages
etc., as they were getting bigger.....but you have to be careful as I have
burnt the leaves by putting too much on

Old 20-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Leslie

Thank you Robert
I will certainly try this - Cabbages I believe originate from salty areas,

......................Leslie

"Robert" wrote in message

.. .

Old 21-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Rhiannon Macfie Miller

Leslie wrote:
Have been cutting cabbage for about two weeks now.
The cabbage is firm good looking and without blemishes.
When preparing the cabbage much of the inside is home for slugs snails and
woodlice.
These of course mean much waste, but, how do they get in as the leaves are
firled tight.
How can I avoid this next year.

I've been growing Minicole (yes I know it's meant for
autumn, but it's standing very well) and although there's a
few slugs in the outer leaves, the inside is tightly packed
and clean.

Rhiannon

--

http://sciethics.blogspot.com/ -- the rights and wrongs of