Old 19-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Jo

Default Winter Jasmine

I planted a winter jasmine a couple of years ago and it grew pretty quickly.
However, after the first year I realised that I'd seen very few flowers.
There were one or two but that was it. This year it has a few more, but is
still very bare. I noticed a few moths ago that if I touched the leaves
they promptly fell off! I had planted the jasmine up a trellis to partially
hide the shed behind, but it doesn't seem to be working. The soil is pretty
damp there most of the year. Could this be the problem - too wet?
Jo

Old 20-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Jo wrote:
I planted a winter jasmine a couple of years ago and it grew pretty quickly.
However, after the first year I realised that I'd seen very few flowers.
There were one or two but that was it. This year it has a few more, but is
still very bare. I noticed a few moths ago that if I touched the leaves
they promptly fell off! I had planted the jasmine up a trellis to partially
hide the shed behind, but it doesn't seem to be working. The soil is pretty
damp there most of the year. Could this be the problem - too wet?

Could be. That definitely isn't right.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.