Old 25-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Keith \(Dorset\)

Default Finally cleared the tomatoes!

Finally cleared and disinfected the unheated greenhouse after picking the
last few tomatoes last weekend!

Such are the joys of the south... and a little global warming? ;-)

Sowed some Moneymakers today.

Best wishes to growers everywhere.

Keith
Portland Bill, Dorset.

Old 26-01-2005, 05:01 PM
keith ;-\)

isn't it early for toms?I am trying toms for the first time this year ,I
have also got moneymaker .
Any growing advise appreciated!
I live in the East Midlands(Nottingham).I will be growing in a unheated
greenhouse in pots or growbags(I have a concrete base).

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 26-01-2005, 07:10 PM
Alan Gould

In article , keith ;-)
writes
isn't it early for toms?I am trying toms for the first time this year ,I
have also got moneymaker .
Any growing advise appreciated!
I live in the East Midlands(Nottingham).I will be growing in a unheated
greenhouse in pots or growbags(I have a concrete base).

Commercial growers begin as soon as October to catch higher produce
prices early the next season, but recreational gardeners are more likely
to sow in February or March. We shall sow a small number in a couple of
weeks time, then follow on with our main batch 3-4 weeks later.

The most important thing is to maintain a minimum 24 hour temperature of
12-15C/55-60F from seeding onwards, more if you can give it. Don't feed
the plants until their first trusses are set, and don't over water.

We choose from Alicante, Ailsa Craig, Harbinger and Gardener's Delight,
but there are many excellent varieties available to suit all tastes.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 26-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Jabber

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
Finally cleared and disinfected the unheated greenhouse after picking the
last few tomatoes last weekend!

Any tips please on disinfecting the ground in an unheated greenhouse

Thanks..dotty