Old 05-02-2005, 11:06 PM
GeeBee

Default Mistle Thrush

The Mistle thrushes are back......
they were in the garden feeding this morning.

GeeBee
In the Midlands

Old 06-02-2005, 09:58 AM
keith ;-\)

Lucky you,keep them happy!

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 06-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Jackie Whitehouse

"GeeBee" wrote in message
The Mistle thrushes are back......
they were in the garden feeding this morning.

GeeBee
In the Midlands

seen them in next doors garden for a couple of weeks now and also this

morning i pulled the kitchen blund up and there was a massive crane circling
above (looking for someone with a pond i suspect) made me jump as i was only
half awake lol .

Old 06-02-2005, 03:26 PM

Jackie Whitehouse wrote:
i pulled the kitchen blund up and there was a massive crane circling
above (looking for someone with a pond i suspect) made me jump as i

was only
half awake lol .

I've only once seen a Crane in the UK, and that was on top of a chimney
in Bourne, some 15 years ago. Whereabouts are you?

Old 06-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Franz Heymann

"GeeBee" wrote in message
The Mistle thrushes are back......
they were in the garden feeding this morning.

We cannot yet put it in the plural, but we saw one in the back garden
this morning. And it really was a mistle thrush, not a song thrush.

Franz

Old 06-02-2005, 04:17 PM
Rupert

"Jackie Whitehouse" wrote in message

"GeeBee" wrote in message
The Mistle thrushes are back......
they were in the garden feeding this morning.

GeeBee
In the Midlands

seen them in next doors garden for a couple of weeks now and also this

morning i pulled the kitchen blund up and there was a massive crane
circling
above (looking for someone with a pond i suspect) made me jump as i was
only
half awake lol .

It was probably a Heron not a crane

Old 06-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Franz Heymann

"Jackie Whitehouse" wrote in
message ...

"GeeBee" wrote in message
The Mistle thrushes are back......
they were in the garden feeding this morning.

GeeBee
In the Midlands

seen them in next doors garden for a couple of weeks now and also

this
morning i pulled the kitchen blund up and there was a massive crane

circling
above (looking for someone with a pond i suspect) made me jump as i

was only
half awake lol .

Crane????
There are no cranes in the UK, except in cages.
Perhaps you mean a grey heron.

Franz

Old 07-02-2005, 12:14 PM
J Jackson

Franz Heymann wrote:

: "GeeBee" wrote in message
: ...
: The Mistle thrushes are back......
: they were in the garden feeding this morning.

: We cannot yet put it in the plural, but we saw one in the back garden
: this morning. And it really was a mistle thrush, not a song thrush.

BacK? Is this a local migration thing or what. Our Mistles are resident
the whole year round. We haven't had song thrushes for quite a few years.

Old 09-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Kay

In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"GeeBee" wrote in message
The Mistle thrushes are back......
they were in the garden feeding this morning.

We cannot yet put it in the plural, but we saw one in the back garden
this morning. And it really was a mistle thrush, not a song thrush.

Song thrush populations have been declining over recent years, whereas
ISTR mistle thrushes populations hve remained stable. We have two mistle
thrushes who are frequent visitors (they have just stripped my best
holly) but it's a long while since I saw a song thrush in the garden.
--
Kay

Old 10-02-2005, 07:12 AM
Franz Heymann

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"GeeBee" wrote in message
The Mistle thrushes are back......
they were in the garden feeding this morning.

We cannot yet put it in the plural, but we saw one in the back

garden
this morning. And it really was a mistle thrush, not a song

thrush.

Song thrush populations have been declining over recent years,

whereas
ISTR mistle thrushes populations hve remained stable. We have two

mistle
thrushes who are frequent visitors (they have just stripped my best
holly) but it's a long while since I saw a song thrush in the

garden.

We are lucky enough to have had the pleasure of a song-thrush song
every year since we have been living here.

Franz

Old 12-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Franz Heymann

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"GeeBee" wrote in message
The Mistle thrushes are back......
they were in the garden feeding this morning.

We cannot yet put it in the plural, but we saw one in the back

garden
this morning. And it really was a mistle thrush, not a song thrush.

Now we can. We had two for the last few days. With a bit of luck
they will next in the vicinity.

Franz