Old 09-02-2005, 12:10 PM
Roy Omond

Bevan Price wrote:

"Phil L" wrote in message
k...

hoods wrote:
[...snip...]
Flymo (spit) hover mower, went right through the cable...I don't know how
though as it couldn't manage to cut the grass.

Me too. Repaired cable with junction box, but Flymo since expired terminally and
gone to garden heaven.

Flymo ? Garden heaven ? Hawk, spit ... Flymos belong in Garden *Hell*.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Registered User

Thanks for your posts, if you could keep them coming in with details of accidents I would be greatfull.

You'd be surprised at the ammount of people I've interviewed who have gone through the hedgetrimmer cables several times and snagged the lawn mower cable. Even though none of them got electrocuted it does happen (just look at the department of trade and industry report Home and Aciddent survey).

At the end of the day it boils down to being carefull but i'm hoping to design something that helps keep the cable out of the danger zone. Havent started designing yet but when I'm finished i'll post it for any comments.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Chris J Dixon

hoods wrote:

Thanks for your posts, if you could keep them coming in with details of
accidents I would be greatfull.

I was actually wheeling the mower with it turned off, thought I
could run it over the lead, but instead the roller pushed it
along the drive and wore the cable straight through to the
conductors.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK