Old 09-02-2005, 10:56 PM
jane

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 21:26:15 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

~On 9/2/05 5:53 pm, in article ,
~"jane" wrote:
~
~ On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 14:21:35 +0000, Sacha
~ wrote:
~
~snip
~It's said that the Dowager Duchess of Devonshire cherishes a remark
~ ~in her visitors' book - "We saw the Duke in the garden and he looked quite
~ ~normal!".
~
~ Um, Dowager? I hadn't heard the Duke had died! AFAIK (and their
~ website) he's still here...
~
~I don't know which web site you're looking at but the current one says:
~
~"It is with the greatest sadness that we report the death of the 11th Duke
~of Devonshire, KG, PC, MC, on 3rd May 2004. He was 84 and had held the title
~since 1950. He is survived by his wife, now the Dowager Duchess of
~Devonshire, and their three children, eight grandchildren and eleven
~great-grandchildren. Their son, formerly Lord Hartington, is now the 12th
~Duke of Devonshire..........."
~
http://www.chatsworth-house.co.uk/ne...011th_duke.htm
~
Oh rats - thanks for this. I was looking at the site and the pages I
found never said a dickie bird. And I checked before querying your
post... obviously didn't find that one you quote!

I shall tell my Mum off for not mentioning this... though I was just
preparing to shove off to Japan for 11 days so perhaps she thought I
wasn't interested. *sigh*

Another good one bites the dust. Long may he be remembered.

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 10-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Sacha

On 9/2/05 22:56, in article , "jane"
wrote:

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 21:26:15 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

snip- Their son, formerly Lord Hartington, is now the 12th
~Duke of Devonshire..........."
~
http://www.chatsworth-house.co.uk/ne...011th_duke.htm
~
Oh rats - thanks for this. I was looking at the site and the pages I
found never said a dickie bird. And I checked before querying your
post... obviously didn't find that one you quote!

I shall tell my Mum off for not mentioning this... though I was just
preparing to shove off to Japan for 11 days so perhaps she thought I
wasn't interested. *sigh*

Another good one bites the dust. Long may he be remembered.

He was a character alright! He always wore the same type of yellow socks
because then he never had to hunt for the 'odd' ones. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 10-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Bennett Langdon

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Bennett Langdon
writes

Many thanks. PS Have you got a Cornish Aromatic Apple Tree?

I have. Why?

I read a thing about them in the papers a while back; liked the name. What
are the apples like?

Nick

Old 11-02-2005, 11:34 AM
shazzbat

"Bennett Langdon" wrote in
message ...

"Mike" wrote in message
My word, I bet you feel a lot better getting that tirade off your chest.

Might I respectfully recomend a wonderful book which would, I feel, do

you
lot of good?

"Psycho-cybernetics" by Maxwell Maltz.

I do apologise: I seem to have caused an altercation.

No you haven't. It's often like that round here. Ignore.

Steve

Old 11-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Mike

Did I detect a note of humour in barracloff's posting?????????????????

What next I ask!!!!!!!!!!!!