Old 13-02-2005, 09:14 AM
Martin Brown

boing wrote:
Blimey bad day Martin ? or member of the Assumptions Soc.?

Grass seed ? I've done it and I've paid someone to do it who told me it
was the only way to go. Thats was two lawns ago.

Bone idle ? I expect you do your gardening in the dark then ?, I don't
have to explain my self to you but for long times I am away working.

Then your choices are limited to paying someone else to cut the lawn
regularly for you or not having a lawn but something else instead.

There is no way to have a zero maintenance lawn. Although you can keep
one in pretty good nick by a couple of applications of weed and feed a
year and regular cutting (at least every 2 weeks) against just about
anything.

Titchmarsh ? Yes I watched that last week from an hotel room at 3am in
the morning.

I'm sure the are people on here who are a bit more open minded then
you. I don't wish to continue this with you as I'm sure you'll get on
to imigration sooner of later.

Don't seek to tarnish me with your own Little Englander prejudices.
The UK would grind to a standstill without immigrant labour.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 13-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Jeff C

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 23:19:31 +0000, boing wrote:
snip

No one has said they have seen it fail and I don't mind normal
everyday weeds in the lawn.

But I DID say in a previous post, I've seen it fail, very quickly and
at a spectacular cost (=A3500+) for the first lawn.

This happened to a work colleague of mine who got a cowboy firm to
turf 4 lawns, these cowboys did exactly what you propose to do and
laid black weed blocker before laying the turf.

It survived the summer of that year, got completely waterlogged
through the winter and only one strip of grass recovered the following
season the rest was just yellow.

Because he knew I was a keen gardener he ask me to take a look. Which
I did. On inspection I noticed black material around some of the edges
of the lawn and with a bit of help I lifted these and discovered the
problem.

I offered to help him take it all up and relay a new lawns, this took
2 weekends.

We discovered where the grass was still green an growing well was
where the "cowboys" had run out of weed blocker material.

It cost my colleague a further =A3350 and 4 hard days work.

But his lawn looks spectacular now.

Regards Jeff.

www.astrecks.co.uk

If it works..............DON'T fix it
No Virus Checker? try this free one from AVG it is very good:-
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php
For a new experience in e-mail clients try:- http://www.pocomail.com/
Kill SPAM forever! Protect your family with Spamjab from:-
http://www.spamjab.com/

Newbie question: how do I "top-dress" a lawn? Gil Pius North Carolina 3 29-11-2013 07:59 AM
Feeding during BGA blackout? Ross Vandegrift Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 11-12-2004 07:49 AM
72-Hour Blackout Cure for Algae is Rubbish blank Freshwater Aquaria Plants 11 13-10-2004 02:57 PM
Top dressing a lawn PJZ Gardening 7 02-08-2003 03:22 AM
Top Dressing a 30,000 SQFT Lawn Chris Lawns 5 21-06-2003 05:32 PM