Old 14-02-2005, 08:34 AM
Mike

Still have to take glass to the bottle banks at Safeway.

..... Morrisons, sorry.

:-(( Yes our local Safeway store has gone to Morrisons and it is not for
the better, how do you feel?

Old 14-02-2005, 09:36 AM
Mike

Still have to take glass to the bottle banks at Safeway.

..... Morrisons, sorry.

:-(( Yes our local Safeway store has gone to Morrisons and it is not for
the better, how do you feel?

and for those who lurk and monitor newsgroups, it is the one at Lake on the
Isle of Wight, but reports say that the Newport Isle of Wight is a downward
turn as well. That particular poster now goes to Tesco.

Mike

Old 14-02-2005, 07:17 PM
Sla#s

"Mike" wrote in message

Still have to take glass to the bottle banks at Safeway.

..... Morrisons, sorry.

:-(( Yes our local Safeway store has gone to Morrisons and it is not for
the better, how do you feel?

Agreed. The quality has gone down.
I've moved on to Sainsburys.
(Stirling, Scotland.)

Slatts

Old 14-02-2005, 08:24 PM
June Hughes

In message , Sla#s
writes

"Mike" wrote in message

Still have to take glass to the bottle banks at Safeway.

..... Morrisons, sorry.

:-(( Yes our local Safeway store has gone to Morrisons and it is not for
the better, how do you feel?

Agreed. The quality has gone down.
I've moved on to Sainsburys.
(Stirling, Scotland.)

I was in Safeways there in August and it was OK then, although the
lovely continental stuff had all gone since we were there in 2003.
--
June Hughes
Old 14-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Sla#s

"June Hughes" wrote in message
SNIP
I was in Safeways there in August and it was OK then, although the
lovely continental stuff had all gone since we were there in 2003.
--

Would you believe I asked in the deli section for some garlic sausage and
they said they had stopped doing it!

Slatts

Old 14-02-2005, 09:43 PM
June Hughes

In message , Sla#s
writes

"June Hughes" wrote in message
SNIP
I was in Safeways there in August and it was OK then, although the
lovely continental stuff had all gone since we were there in 2003.
--

Would you believe I asked in the deli section for some garlic sausage and
they said they had stopped doing it!

If you live anywhere near Bridge of Allen, the deli there is second to
none. Left-hand side of the main street if you are facing away from
Stirling.
--
June Hughes
Old 15-02-2005, 01:25 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike

:-(( Yes our local Safeway store has gone to Morrisons and it is not for
the better, how do you feel?
***
I don't know, we have used the Asda across the road since it opened a few years ago now.
At one time in Dumbarton, there was only really Safeway (Presto before that), so we had little choice, but now Asda is here, Safeway and latterly Morrisons has been noticeably emptier.
They don't have the monopoly and cannot just give us any old rubbish any more.
Theoretically anyway, becuase it hasn't stopped them.

We only use the bottle banks at Morrisons really.

Although, Morrisons do give you tubs of olives without all the fancy herbs or other bits of guff in them, which Asda doesn't.
There you have to buy a large jar of them in brine or whatever the stuff is.

I am particularly partial to black olives by the way (trying in vain to keep this vaguely on topic).
__________________
Well use it to fertilise the Christmas trees then.
I have a feeling the market is going to peak sometime next January.
Old 16-02-2005, 08:01 PM
Sla#s

"June Hughes" wrote in message
SNIP If you live anywhere near Bridge of Allen, the deli there is second
none. Left-hand side of the main street if you are facing away from
Stirling.

Ta, yes I know it but I'm over the other side at Bannockburn.

Slatts

Old 16-02-2005, 08:53 PM
June Hughes

In message , Sla#s
writes

"June Hughes" wrote in message
SNIP If you live anywhere near Bridge of Allen, the deli there is second
none. Left-hand side of the main street if you are facing away from
Stirling.

Ta, yes I know it but I'm over the other side at Bannockburn.

Oh right. Not that far though for the occasional visit? I have a very
old schoolfriend who lives in Dalgety Bay but I don't think she goes to
Bridge of Allen much.
--
June Hughes

Pre Composting Shredded Paper. steve auvache United Kingdom 20 27-05-2007 01:47 AM
Shredded paper mulch Wolf K Gardening 4 16-09-2006 07:05 PM
Shredded paper as mulch? Ken Oaf Australia 8 05-10-2004 10:26 PM
shredded paper for composting bill Gardening 1 24-02-2004 11:19 PM
composting shredded paper Mark Fawcett United Kingdom 8 24-12-2003 12:10 AM