Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 05:24 PM
jane

Default Comparing flowers open today with last year

I've just been doing a cross reference with last year, and I think the
majority of the daffs in my garden are later this year.

From last year's photos, the jetfire narcissi were out on the 13th Feb
whilst this year the buds aren't even bent over yet. (Though they
ought to be in this wind!) And the Tête-à-têtes aren't out either
(except in one hanging basket, which is always early). Last year they
were out on the 5th.

I feel pleased/relieved when they are later, these days.
Snowdrops are well and truly out at the moment and all the clumps I
put in last year look fantastic.

And I've got my first seeds sown! Hurrah!

--
jane

Mark Twain