Old 27-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Alan Holmes

"Mike" wrote in message

Does it seem to be affecting anything else? I'd like to discourage the

cats
but don't want to upset the hedgehogs, bats or birds.

--

Just seen a Blackbird quite happy about 3 metres away from it :-))

Bloody cats. Should all be drowned at birth.

When I was small and the female cats used to have two or more litters
every year, this is exactly what we used to do, not right at birth as
the mother had to feed them for a few weeks, but once they had been
weaned then into the bucket they went!

alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Old 27-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Duncan Heenan

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message

Does it seem to be affecting anything else? I'd like to discourage the

cats
but don't want to upset the hedgehogs, bats or birds.

--

Just seen a Blackbird quite happy about 3 metres away from it :-))

Bloody cats. Should all be drowned at birth.

When I was small and the female cats used to have two or more litters
every year, this is exactly what we used to do, not right at birth as
the mother had to feed them for a few weeks, but once they had been
weaned then into the bucket they went!

alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

If you have to kill an animal, drowning is a particularly cruel method. It
is much kinder to knock it out with a single hard blow from a hammer (so
that it doesn't see it coming) and then chop its head off quickly.

Old 27-02-2005, 11:54 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"Mike" wrote in message

Does it seem to be affecting anything else? I'd like to discourage the

cats
but don't want to upset the hedgehogs, bats or birds.

--

Just seen a Blackbird quite happy about 3 metres away from it :-))

Bloody cats. Should all be drowned at birth.

When I was small and the female cats used to have two or more litters
every year, this is exactly what we used to do, not right at birth as
the mother had to feed them for a few weeks, but once they had been
weaned then into the bucket they went!

That has to be about the most cruel way to kill them. They are fully
developed, have their eyes open and are moving about. Apart from the fact
that it is illegal. At least the morons who do it immediately, cause less
suffering to the kittens.
Spaying is an option.

Old 27-02-2005, 11:59 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"Mike" wrote in message

Does it seem to be affecting anything else? I'd like to discourage the
cats
but don't want to upset the hedgehogs, bats or birds.

--

Just seen a Blackbird quite happy about 3 metres away from it :-))

Bloody cats. Should all be drowned at birth.

When I was small and the female cats used to have two or more litters
every year, this is exactly what we used to do, not right at birth as
the mother had to feed them for a few weeks, but once they had been
weaned then into the bucket they went!

alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

If you have to kill an animal, drowning is a particularly cruel method. It
is much kinder to knock it out with a single hard blow from a hammer (so
that it doesn't see it coming) and then chop its head off quickly.

That may be obvious to you and I but some people are of particularly low
intelligence as in the case of the OP's parents obviously.

Old 28-02-2005, 12:35 AM
shazzbat

SNIP
If you have to kill an animal, drowning is a particularly cruel method. It
is much kinder to knock it out with a single hard blow from a hammer (so
that it doesn't see it coming) and then chop its head off quickly.

Although this method is somewhat difficult in the case of Thompson's
gazelle. They are much too fast for that, and Thompson gets really angry.

Steve