Old 07-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Phil L

Default min/max temps

I have today sown:
Tomatoes (Shirly)
Lobelia (from collected seeds last summer)
Petunia
Marigolds (again from collected seeds)
Impatiens
And last week I sown Chillis (from a pod!)
I don't have any heating in the greenhouse except for a gas heater and this
has no controls on it, IE it's either on or off so I am loath to use it.
As there is only half a dozen trays I have decided to place them in the
window cill of an unheated room, although the rest of the house is centrally
heated.
I put one of those min/max thermometers in the window for a few days to
check and it seems the lowest is 66F and the highest around 74F is this warm
enough or should I turn on the radiator? - bearing in mind that this will
*greatly* increase the temperatures through the day as the radiator is
directly under the window.

TIA

Also tomorrow I'm planting onion seeds, is this too late?

--

http://www.blueyonder256k.myby.co.uk/

Old 08-03-2005, 05:56 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Phil L
writes
I put one of those min/max thermometers in the window for a few days to
check and it seems the lowest is 66F and the highest around 74F is this warm
enough or should I turn on the radiator? - bearing in mind that this will
*greatly* increase the temperatures through the day as the radiator is
directly under the window.

I would say that it is rather over warm, but it depends on the amount of
light reaching your seedlings, also on humidity to some extent. If the
seedlings begin to grow tall and leggy, either lower the temperature or
increase the light. We germinate ours at 20C/66F, then grow them on at
cooler levels.

Also tomorrow I'm planting onion seeds, is this too late?

No.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

max international, mlm business opportunity, MaxGXL, networkmarketing opportunity , Max GXL, MaxWLX, Max N-fuze, Max WLX, m Orchids 0 19-09-2009 06:12 PM
Min/Max Thermometer Broadback United Kingdom 8 02-02-2007 01:03 AM
Min & Max temps to chit spuds? keith ;-\) United Kingdom 4 17-02-2005 09:11 PM
calibrating max/min jim United Kingdom 5 10-10-2004 09:23 PM
Propagator veg min temps ? Paul England United Kingdom 7 10-02-2003 07:20 PM