Old 11-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Broadback

Default Urgent source of Espalier Pear trees

I have, or had 2 espalier pear trees, about 4 years old. Got the
builders in, they have just wrecked them. They will pay for
replacements, but I am having difficulty in sourcing any. I've searched
diligently to no avail, any suggestions?
I know it's late but if anyone can help I would be grateful. A Beth and
a Conference, bare rooted would be ideal, but as I'm desperate anything
would be considered.
--
Please do not email me at
All emails to that address are automatically
Old 11-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Duncan Heenan

"Broadback" wrote in message
I have, or had 2 espalier pear trees, about 4 years old. Got the builders
in, they have just wrecked them. They will pay for replacements, but I am
having difficulty in sourcing any. I've searched diligently to no avail,
any suggestions?
I know it's late but if anyone can help I would be grateful. A Beth and a
Conference, bare rooted would be ideal, but as I'm desperate anything
would be considered.
--
Please do not email me at
All emails to that address are automatically
deleted before opening.

Contact Deacons Nursery, Godshill, Isle of Wight. V. Helpful & well stocked.
Postal / courier service available
phone 01983 840750 or 522245 Fax 01983 523575

Old 12-03-2005, 07:17 AM
p00kie

"Duncan Heenan" wrote in message

"Broadback" wrote in message
I have, or had 2 espalier pear trees, about 4 years old. Got the
builders in, they have just wrecked them. They will pay for replacements,
but I am having difficulty in sourcing any. I've searched diligently to
no avail, any suggestions?
I know it's late but if anyone can help I would be grateful. A Beth and
a Conference, bare rooted would be ideal, but as I'm desperate anything
would be considered.
--
Please do not email me at
All emails to that address are automatically
deleted before opening.

Contact Deacons Nursery, Godshill, Isle of Wight. V. Helpful & well
stocked. Postal / courier service available
phone 01983 840750 or 522245 Fax 01983 523575

A quick search on google bought these up:

http://www.rvroger.co.uk/Retail/Frui...tWeb/Pears.htm

http://www.chrisbowers.co.uk/fantrained.asp

http://www.buckingham-nurseries.co.u..._Trees_21.html

http://www.stone-cross-nurseries.co....ant_centre.htm

Old 12-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Broadback

"Broadback" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for all the ideas, still looking, with the exception of Deacon's,
who are not available until Monday, no joy. SIGH!

Old 12-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Mike

Contact Deacons Nursery, Godshill, Isle of Wight. V. Helpful & well

stocked.
Postal / courier service available
phone 01983 840750 or 522245 Fax 01983 523575

The second number is incorrect, it should be 01983 522243 not 45

I have spoken to both, well picked up both answering machines, and as you
point out, they are not open until Monday. If you want me to pop in and see
them over anything, let me know, I am about 3 miles away from them.

Mike

Old 12-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Kay

In article , Sacha
writes
On 12/3/05 11:13, in article , "Broadback"
wrote:

snip
Thanks for all the ideas, still looking, with the exception of Deacon's,
who are not available until Monday, no joy. SIGH!

Try looking at these people. You can download their catalogue as a pdf
file. I don't know if they have espaliered tree but I do know their stock
is excellent and that some of the fruit varieties are very old and quite
ra
http://www.thornhayes-nursery.co.uk/

Try:
Scotts Nurseries (Merriott) Ltd

Merriott
Somerset
TA16 5PL
Tel: 01460 72306
Fax: 01460 77433

No website, but over 400 apple varieties and similar nos of other fruit
trees - they do a number of different rootstocks and tree shapes, so
they might be a possibility.
--
Kay

Old 15-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Magwitch

Broadback muttered:

I have, or had 2 espalier pear trees, about 4 years old. Got the
builders in, they have just wrecked them. They will pay for
replacements, but I am having difficulty in sourcing any. I've searched
diligently to no avail, any suggestions?
I know it's late but if anyone can help I would be grateful. A Beth and
a Conference, bare rooted would be ideal, but as I'm desperate anything
would be considered.

http://www.crocus.co.uk/

Crocus had some on special offer a few weeks ago, I decided I couldn't
afford them but as the builders are paying... ;o)