Old 16-01-2003, 10:20 AM
Nic Wiseman

Default Hello from Twickenham

As is only polite in such company, I thought I would introduce myself.
I am Nic and until recently a keen amateur gardener. My partner and I have
recently decided to try gardening for a living and so far it is going quite
well.
Anyway, I'm glad I stumbled upon this group because I can't claim to know
more than the average gardener and most likely less than most, but I have a
head for business and am very enthusiastic.
So far I have been very impressed by the amount of knowlege shown here, I
hope I may be able to add to it, but it's most likely that I'll be learning
rather than teaching.

With best wishes,

Nic Wiseman

--
Green Shoots Gardening Services
www.greenshoots.uk.com

Old 16-01-2003, 02:23 PM
Alison

"Nic Wiseman" wrote in message
[...]

Hello Nic and welcome.

Yes the info here has been incredibly valuable to me though I'm sure that
you will be adding your own pearls of wisdom before long. Folk are very
friendly and forgiving (though it does save a few sighs if you read the FAQs
first!). What line of business have you decided upon?

Good luck in your venture
--Alison

Old 16-01-2003, 06:44 PM
nicky

"Alison" o.uk wrote in
message ...

"Nic Wiseman" wrote in message
As is only polite in such company, I thought I would introduce myself.
I am Nic and until recently a keen amateur gardener. My partner and I

have
recently decided to try gardening for a living and so far it is going

quite
well.

Hi Nic, I'm just down the road in Ham so if you ever need a garden to
practice on feel free grin

Nicky

Old 16-01-2003, 10:28 PM

"nicky" wrote in message
:
: "Alison" o.uk wrote in
: message ...
:
: "Nic Wiseman" wrote in message
: ...
: As is only polite in such company, I thought I would introduce myself.
: I am Nic and until recently a keen amateur gardener. My partner and I
: have
: recently decided to try gardening for a living and so far it is going
: quite
: well.
:
:
: Hi Nic, I'm just down the road in Ham so if you ever need a garden to
: practice on feel free grin
:
: Nicky
:
:I'm even nearer in Whitton - so ditto :O))

Old 16-01-2003, 11:03 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

"Nic wrote in message
As is only polite in such company, I thought I would introduce myself.
I am Nic and until recently a keen amateur gardener. My partner and I have
recently decided to try gardening for a living and so far it is going

quite
well.

Twickenham eh, used to work there in a previous century when only the locals
called it the Barmy Arms, it was officially the George the whatever.
One ex-colleague from the Twickers days does similar work to you out Ascot
way, says he only knows the Latin names of two plants but gets too much work
and it's well paid too (for gardeners) and yet another now works as a
Gardener at Wisley, exams and all, paid peanuts but he loves it.
Must be in the air over Twickers, a gardening virus perhaps. :-)
--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.

Old 17-01-2003, 10:13 AM
Oxymel of Squill

Twit'nam !! Alexander Pope territory. I suppose you know the grotto, the
school let me visit it once. But it's nothing like it was :-( There's a
plan of his garden in Peter Quennell's biography. There's a weeping willow
(I think it is, or something similar) in the front lawn, facing the Thames,
that is allegedly the first in England. The Countess of Somewhere received a
parcel from Spain while visiting Pope and there were twigs in the protective
packaging which Pope pushed into the ground.
Jon

"nicky" wrote in message

"Alison" o.uk wrote in
message ...

"Nic Wiseman" wrote in message
As is only polite in such company, I thought I would introduce myself.
I am Nic and until recently a keen amateur gardener. My partner and I

have
recently decided to try gardening for a living and so far it is going

quite
well.

Hi Nic, I'm just down the road in Ham so if you ever need a garden to
practice on feel free grin

Nicky

Seen in a Twickenham garden Bob Hobden[_3_] Garden Photos 1 23-05-2013 08:38 PM
Hello??? KnotHead Lawns 2 31-03-2003 04:32 PM
[IBC] Hello Again Craig Cowing Bonsai 3 15-02-2003 03:15 AM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjamina Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 02:56 AM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjimina Richard Jeffery Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 01:42 AM