Old 30-03-2005, 03:24 PM
McCready

Default Gone cold again!!!!

I just pity all those people that bought trays upon trays of bedding plants
at the weekend.
B&Q were over-run with the acknowledgeable.

Old 30-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Phil L

McCready wrote:
:: I just pity all those people that bought trays upon trays of
:: bedding plants at the weekend.
:: B&Q were over-run with the acknowledgeable.

I don't blame B&Q, this way they get to sell at least double the beding
plants they normally would, due to peoples stupidity.

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004

Old 30-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Sacha

On 30/3/05 4:43 pm, in article ,
"Phil L" wrote:

McCready wrote:
:: I just pity all those people that bought trays upon trays of
:: bedding plants at the weekend.
:: B&Q were over-run with the acknowledgeable.

I don't blame B&Q, this way they get to sell at least double the beding
plants they normally would, due to peoples stupidity.

If they had a conscience they'd warn people not to buy now unless they have
somewhere to protect those plants. And eventually, surely even the silliest
people are going to realise that they're putting double the money into the
pockets of GCs who don't warn their customers?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 30-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Popeye

Phil L wrote:
McCready wrote:
:: I just pity all those people that bought trays upon trays of
:: bedding plants at the weekend.
:: B&Q were over-run with the acknowledgeable.

I don't blame B&Q, this way they get to sell at least double the beding
plants they normally would, due to peoples stupidity.

You can't be an expert in every area of life, so you rely on the
"experts" to be expert for you.

It's just a cynical method of raising more profit.
Old 30-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Phil L

Sacha wrote:
:: On 30/3/05 4:43 pm, in article
:: , "Phil L"
:: wrote:
::
::: McCready wrote:
::::: I just pity all those people that bought trays upon trays of
::::: bedding plants at the weekend.
::::: B&Q were over-run with the acknowledgeable.
:::
::: I don't blame B&Q, this way they get to sell at least double the
::: beding plants they normally would, due to peoples stupidity.
::
:: If they had a conscience they'd warn people not to buy now unless
:: they have somewhere to protect those plants. And eventually,
:: surely even the silliest people are going to realise that they're
:: putting double the money into the pockets of GCs who don't warn
:: their customers?

Big buisnesses don't have consciences, they are there to make money.
McDonalds sell entrails, fat and eyelids but as it comes from a cow, it's
100% natural beef!

They only have one interest and that is profits....if people aren't educated
enough to know differently, they will simply capitalise on that - sure there
will be a warning /somewhere/ in store about protecting vulnerable plants
from frost...it's probably on a six inch square poster in the electrical
aisle.

Behind some boxes.

Old 30-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Phil L

Popeye wrote:
:: Phil L wrote:
::: McCready wrote:
::::: I just pity all those people that bought trays upon trays of
::::: bedding plants at the weekend.
::::: B&Q were over-run with the acknowledgeable.
:::
::: I don't blame B&Q, this way they get to sell at least double the
::: beding plants they normally would, due to peoples stupidity.
:::
:: You can't be an expert in every area of life, so you rely on the
:: "experts" to be expert for you.
::

You don't need to be an expert to know that some plants are not tollerant of
frost.
This new society of wanting 'experts' doing all the thinking for them
deserve to get ripped off, they want the nanny state to be responsible for
everything and expect other large organisations to be the same.

:: It's just a cynical method of raising more profit.

It's just a cynical way of raising more profit from those who don't have the
sense to know better...'a fool and their money are soon parted'

Old 30-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Tumbleweed

"Phil L" wrote in message
.. .
Sacha wrote:
:: On 30/3/05 4:43 pm, in article
:: , "Phil L"
:: wrote:
::
::: McCready wrote:
::::: I just pity all those people that bought trays upon trays of
::::: bedding plants at the weekend.
::::: B&Q were over-run with the acknowledgeable.
:::
::: I don't blame B&Q, this way they get to sell at least double the
::: beding plants they normally would, due to peoples stupidity.
::
:: If they had a conscience they'd warn people not to buy now unless
:: they have somewhere to protect those plants. And eventually,
:: surely even the silliest people are going to realise that they're
:: putting double the money into the pockets of GCs who don't warn
:: their customers?

Big buisnesses don't have consciences, they are there to make money.
McDonalds sell entrails, fat and eyelids but as it comes from a cow, it's
100% natural beef!

Funny, the local chinese will deep fry stuff like that and no one bats an
eye (maybe because the eyelids are gone?).
Crispy chickens feet anyone? OR for other cultures, Chicken livers? Kidney?
Tripe? Apple sauce with your crackling?

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com