Old 15-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Pam Moore

Default Wild Garlic/ ransoms

A garden centre I went to today was selling pots of wild garlic for
£4.25 while all along the hedges it was growing thickly!
Seems a bit ironic!

Pam in Bristol
Old 15-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Pam Moore wrote:
A garden centre I went to today was selling pots of wild garlic for
£4.25 while all along the hedges it was growing thickly!
Seems a bit ironic!

Just another benefit of the wonderful Countryside Act - a boost for
god-fearing[*] private enterprise, which has made this country what
it is. Nasty crypto-communists who claim that the public had rights
are quite rightly being suppressed.

[*] Mammon - who else?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 15-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Broadback

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Pam Moore wrote:

A garden centre I went to today was selling pots of wild garlic for
£4.25 while all along the hedges it was growing thickly!
Seems a bit ironic!

Just another benefit of the wonderful Countryside Act - a boost for
god-fearing[*] private enterprise, which has made this country what
it is. Nasty crypto-communists who claim that the public had rights
are quite rightly being suppressed.

[*] Mammon - who else?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Common sense, not common market
Old 17-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Kay

In article , Dave Poole
writes

Oo-er - an hour or so ago, I popped out to where it grows thickly to
grab a few handfuls to go into the pot for dinner this evening.
Little did I think that I may be breaking the law Now they'll add
even greater flavour! I blame Jamie Oliver and all of that shower for
reminding me just how tasty ramsons are.

It's OK to pick it. Just not OK to dig it up unless you have the
landowner's permission. Which seems fairly reasonable to me.
--
Kay

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
Not ransoms, but... Anthony E Anson United Kingdom 7 18-05-2003 01:09 PM
Wild Garlic Jon United Kingdom 102 13-05-2003 09:56 PM
Wild garlic Chris Hogg United Kingdom 0 30-03-2003 02:33 AM
wild garlic/onion. Terry Lynton United Kingdom 2 17-11-2002 02:09 AM