Old 16-05-2005, 09:50 PM
david taylor

Some years ago I saw a picture of a fox in Bristol sitting in a dustbin
eating a rat.
The short tailed vole is a major food item for foxes.
"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"pammyT" wrote in message

"ZoeM" wrote in message

Stan The Man Wrote:
....or if not, what other creature might be responsible for the
disembowelled rat next to my compost heap? Actually, it was only
slightly disembowelled so maybe my welcome predator changed its mind
on
tasting it...... TIA.

Sounds like a cat - they play with prey, but don't tend to eat it.

I take it you don't have a cat?
I have 12 and they eat everything they catch except shrews.

Our cats would usually bring the things into the house still alive,
and then play with them, sometimes the blessed things got away then
we would have to find them!

If the cats ate any of their catch they usually left the heads!